Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Vehicle stuck between two states - Probate California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vehicle stuck between two states - Probate California

    Hello, My late husband and I moved back to California from Colorado a few years before his death to cancer in 2011. We brought with us a 1991 pick-up truck that has a Colorado title with Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship (JTWRS). The title is in both our names. My husband registered it in California, but did not change the title. I went to DMV in California to change the title to CA and have his name taken off of it. California will not remove his name and issue me a new title as the former title is from Colorado. I checked with Colorado, they cannot take his name off the title as I am no longer a resident of their state. The DMV in California has referred me to get a court order to remove his name. I found a Spousal Property Petition online which says I should include 'attachment a'. I've searched high and low and am unable to locate an 'attachment a' anywhere. Does someone know where to find this? I need to know if I am on the right track with these forms and if I should just file them in my county court and just show up. At this point in time the truck does not pass smog and is worth about $500 to me, so I'd like to get this done on the cheap. Thanks!

  • #2
    You may need to contact the website where you found the spousal petition directly to ask them about Attachment A. Unfortunately, no one who posts here regularly is a California probate attorney.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.