Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Vehicle stuck between two states - Probate California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
    Senior Member

  • Marketeer
    You may need to contact the website where you found the spousal petition directly to ask them about Attachment A. Unfortunately, no one who posts here regularly is a California probate attorney.

    Leave a comment:

  • mtngal
    Junior Member

  • Vehicle stuck between two states - Probate California

    Hello, My late husband and I moved back to California from Colorado a few years before his death to cancer in 2011. We brought with us a 1991 pick-up truck that has a Colorado title with Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship (JTWRS). The title is in both our names. My husband registered it in California, but did not change the title. I went to DMV in California to change the title to CA and have his name taken off of it. California will not remove his name and issue me a new title as the former title is from Colorado. I checked with Colorado, they cannot take his name off the title as I am no longer a resident of their state. The DMV in California has referred me to get a court order to remove his name. I found a Spousal Property Petition online which says I should include 'attachment a'. I've searched high and low and am unable to locate an 'attachment a' anywhere. Does someone know where to find this? I need to know if I am on the right track with these forms and if I should just file them in my county court and just show up. At this point in time the truck does not pass smog and is worth about $500 to me, so I'd like to get this done on the cheap. Thanks!
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.