X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• co-executor question Ohio Ohio

hi,

mom died in 2008 and quit-claimed her house to the four daughters, which essentially took it out of the estate, so to speak. only two of us are co-executors. we are prepping to sell the property and i'd like to know: how many of us need to sign the listing agreement to place the house on the market? can co-executors act independently of each other (i.e., could only one of us put the house on the market) if the will does not specify an "act independently " clause? i know all four need to agree to sale terms and will sign the final sales contract, but my sister seems to be under the impression she alone, as the other executor, can place the house for sale without permission/signature from other executor. i suspect this is asking for trouble.

thanks - ohio

Executors are only allowed to transact business related to assets that are in the estate. Per your post, the house is not part of the estate. Therefore, all owners will likely need to sign agreements. It's possible that the other owners could grant power of attorney to one individual in order to facilitate the process.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X