This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad Died, no will, Arizona

My Dad died a couple years ago, and left no will. He had about $50,000 in property, and he signed it over under medication, to his daughter in law a few days before he died. We did not hear of his death for 3 months after.
    They cashed out his house, and cut off communications.

Do I have any claim?

Way too few facts, but even if you got specific, this forum is no place for detailed legal advice on specific facts. If you are saying that the medication made your father legally incapacitated, then you may have a claim that the transfer should be voided and you would be entitled to your intestate share (the share that the state dictates the heirs take in the absence of a will).

However, I will say that starting out your question with "My Dad died a couple years ago, ..." makes me wonder why you are just now asking the question. Evidence gets old, recollections get foggy and the case gets much more difficult to prove as time rolls by. The time to act was as soon as you knew something was going on. The delay can only work against you.
    David K. Staub (www.illinoisbusinessattorney.com)
    Forum posts are not legal advice, are for informational and educational purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with legal counsel.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X