Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

another ?,cont. from prev thread

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marketeer
    Many courts provide materials (a booklet, instructions, etc.) that can guide you through the probate process. Whether you will still need a lawyer is not something that we can determine here.

    Basically, if your son did not leave a will, someone must file to administer his estate, whether it's as a small estate or a large estate. The administrator then must notify all of the person who are heirs to your son's estate under the formula set out by state law for person who die without a will. In every state with which I'm familiar, that would your son's parents (and not his siblings). In most state's, there's a court-approved form that must be sent. If your son's father is being non-responsive, you might ask the court to send the notification.

    Leave a comment:

  • ARKANSAS2006
    started a topic another ?,cont. from prev thread

    another ?,cont. from prev thread

    well, we located the father he has been contacted thru a neighbor(detective work on our part), but said he will not contact anyone nor does he want anyone contacting him. I spoke to an attorney today and she says looks like we must go to court for appointment of personal rep to protect our interests but he still has a legal interest in half of son's estate.of course, all of this will cost. this is a small estate situation,but now will come under the court. she tried to explain the procedure, but unless i write everything down, i think i have missed some things she said. can anyone answer my questions? thank you
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.