This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i really need an attorney?

my son passed away in feb. no will, never married no children. texas laws are his estate passes to his parents. his father and i have been divorced since 1979. his father has not made contact since about 1983 with this son. we have not known his whereabouts since about 1993.we had made several attempts to locate him. we recently discovered he is still living, in houston. social security made phone contact with him telling him of the situation, gave him phone number to call, but we have heard nothing. probate court had refused to signed off on the small estate affidavite( because of his father unknown existence), giving heirship to myself and his brothers. this was 2 weeks ago. now that we know he is still living but has not made contact do you think we still will need an attorney or should probate judge signed our petition since we can prove we tried but no sucess. we were not going thru probate per say, felt we didn;t need to. i will be contacting court mon, but i thought i might get answer . we are very disappointed by the fathers actions and anxious.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X