Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Need New York Probate assistance...

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need New York Probate assistance...


    A family member (Alice) of mine parents passed away, and the last will & Testament states that Alice inherits the property, unless ALice passed away then it gets divyed up by 7-8 people. At this time Alice went & hired a probate lawyer and, i guess they submit papers to all 7-8 parties, (other family members) that were mentioned in the will if Alice passed away, but since she is alive, the will states she gets the property.

    One of the parties named Beatrice received the papers (Will) from Alice's attorney, and is not filling out the paperwork due to beatrice disagrees with the will and feels she should get money, or have the residence be sold. Therefore is refusing to sign anything. I was wondering what is the next step, its been 19 months already and the lawyers just say they are taking care of it. What are the chances/odds that the will can be thrown out and the house needs to be sold. Or does Beatrice have no leg to stand on?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Alice is very ill and i just dont want her to be taken advantage of her from either other family members or her attorney. SHe is also listed as executioner of will
    Last edited by alex321; 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM. Reason: added

  • #2
    Something doesn't smell right. If Alice is the sole beneficiary, why did anyone else have to be notified or fill out paperwork? They only get involved if she's dead....and she's not dead.

    Tell her to hire a new lawyer.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.