Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Question about Power Of Attorney North Carolina

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about Power Of Attorney North Carolina

    My wife's grandmother gave her only son (my wife's father) Power of Attorney
    about 7 months ago. In that time, he drained all of her accounts
    ($72,000), and took 3 CDs that were supposed to go to her grandchildren
    ($25,000). She had deeded her house over to him, and he mortgaged the
    house, but the mortgage is in her name now ($40,000), the house WAS
    paid for. She doesn't have the money to pay her medical bills ($20,000), or
    rent, or utilities.

    We got the bank statements, and it shows that he spent the money on
    all kinds of stuff for him, firearms, sex shops, vacations, video games,
    tvs, jewerly, literally, anything he wanted. He doesn't have a job, but he
    does have the stuff he purchased.

    Is there any recourse? Can he at least be criminally charged?

    We are going to change the Power of Attorney over to my wife
    (or her sister) tomorrow. Can we go after her father with a criminal
    suit, or can only her grandmother do that since she is the principle?


  • #2
    You definitely need to get yourself a lawyer & run all this information by them.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      Got o this site on elder abuse in Noth Carolina:

      Maybe you can make a report of exploitation?
      Last edited by TSCompliance; 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.