Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Speeding Ticket Ever.. Can you help me plead not guilty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Speeding Ticket Ever.. Can you help me plead not guilty?

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
    First, PA traffic courts do not use a DA the Police officer acts as witness and Prosecution in the traffic case.

Second you are usually required to send the entire amount of the ticket included the $7 they mention on the back as collateral for you to show up. If you win you get it all back.

Next the distance he measure you over came out to 132ft (0.025 miles X 5280 ft/mile) which is an odd distance they tend to use 100ft 125ft or 150ft. So go back to the locate and look for the white lines on the road and see what the distance is. I have used Google Earth and it has a distance measuring feature and I have used it measure the line on the road and most time you can see them in the satellite images. It is almost right on with in a foot at least you will know if it is 125 or 132.

What was written on the ticket as the equipment used to measure your speed, it most likely was Robic or VASCAR for those distance.

Besides getting all the math correct and hitting the buttons at the right time there is few other things the officer has to do to win the case.

If you interested PM me here and I can send you some information on what you need to know to win this kind of ticket

Hello Maestro,

I recently got pulled over for doing 55.3 in a 35 zone. This is my first ever speeding ticket since I started driving and I am most certain that while I was slightly speeding, I wasn't going more than 45-50 given the traffic conditions on the road. Besides, the officer timed me for a distance of .018 miles(which is 95.04 feet) for approx 1.17 seconds (this is what is on the ticket) using a RobicSC800. My concern is what is the error factor here and what other arguments can I use to win the case? I am also researching on other forums but your advice would greatly matter to me. Please help me. Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Rainy
    Last edited by rainylemony; 08-12-2011, 10:08 AM.

Rainy, you attached your post to a thread from 2008. We prefer that people not post to dead threads as it is very confusing for the responders. I have moved your question into its own thread.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks

Sorry was unaware of the forum rules. Thank you cbg!

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by rainylemony View Post
        Hello Maestro,

I recently got pulled over for doing 55.3 in a 35 zone. This is my first ever speeding ticket since I started driving and I am most certain that while I was slightly speeding, I wasn't going more than 45-50 given the traffic conditions on the road. Besides, the officer timed me for a distance of .018 miles(which is 95.04 feet) for approx 1.17 seconds (this is what is on the ticket) using a RobicSC800. My concern is what is the error factor here and what other arguments can I use to win the case? I am also researching on other forums but your advice would greatly matter to me. Please help me. Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Rainy
        Other arguments ?
        Well, you could try arguing that you were legally brain dead at the time,
        that might work.

Error factor ?
        Little to none.
        EVEN figuring in a fudge factor,
        doing 45-50 in a 35 zone is not slightly speeding.
        Sorry but pay up and slow down !

After you go to court,
        I predict that public transportation may be a part of your future for a while until you learn the responsibility that goes along with the privilege of having a drivers license.
        If it’s any comfort to you, my first ticket was a speeding ticket,
        doin 45 in a 25 zone, and I had slowed down,
        slightly.
        The cop said he could hear me a quarter mile away.
        …ouch!

Good Luck.

..___________________
        ~ Life is pleasant.
        Death is peaceful.
        It's the transition that's troublesome.~ Isaac Asimov
        Last edited by drruthless; 08-13-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drruthless View Post
          Other arguments ?
          Well, you could try arguing that you were legally brain dead at the time,
          that might work.

Error factor ?
          Little to none.
          EVEN figuring in a fudge factor,
          doing 45-50 in a 35 zone is not slightly speeding.
          Sorry but pay up and slow down !

After you go to court,
          I predict that public transportation may be a part of your future for a while until you learn the responsibility that goes along with the privilege of having a drivers license.
          If it’s any comfort to you, my first ticket was a speeding ticket,
          doin 45 in a 25 zone, and I had slowed down,
          slightly.
          The cop said he could hear me a quarter mile away.
          …ouch!

Good Luck.

..___________________
          ~ Life is pleasant.
          Death is peaceful.
          It's the transition that's troublesome.~ Isaac Asimov

drruthless...
          Do me a favor and yourself too. Don't waste your time on giving your crappy advice where it is not needed. It's very self deprecating. I am sure as an 'INTELLIGENT' person, you have much better things to do with your precious time than go around wasting it on 'folks' like us who are 'legally brain dead'.
          Last edited by rainylemony; 08-13-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Everyone; when you reply, please be considerate of one another.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by rainylemony View Post
              drruthless...
              Do me a favor and yourself too. Don't waste your time on giving your crappy advice where it is not needed. It's very self deprecating. I am sure as an 'INTELLIGENT' person, you have much better things to do with your precious time than go around wasting it on 'folks' like us who are 'legally brain dead'.
              Crappy advice ?
              Thanks, glad I could be of help.
              I have some more crappy advice,
              but as you so eloquently put it,
              ….It would be a waste of time

..________________
              ~ Free advice is like a public defender,
              …you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Comment

If there is only one second between the start mark and the end mark, the error factor is 100%

There should be at least a 5 second space between the start and end marks, preferably 10 seconds, to filter out human reaction time errors.

Since human reaction time is + or - .5 seconds on the average, this is totally ridiculous.

This is assuming the cop pushed a button to start the timer, and pushed a button to stop it.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X