Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Careless driving in NJ and an accident New Jersey

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Careless driving in NJ and an accident New Jersey

    I had a minor fender bender in town and the officer came and issued a careless driving ticket as well to me.
    He did tell me I could come to court and have the points dropped and just pay the fine, but he is unsure of how a careless driving ticket with no points would affect insurance. My other option is obviously unsafe driving and pay a huge fine.
    the accident was 1 1/2 weeks ago and the ticket has still yet to arrive in the mail but I know it was issued because I have received numerous solicitations from lawyers now in the mail.

    Any advice on the insurance issue if I was able to get a no points careless driving?

  • #2
    It probably will depend somewhat on the insurance company. Another
    responder may come by with some additional information. Check back.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      Das ist in der Doktor!

      You might look in to the possibility of going to traffic school ( which will cost you $$$ ) and see if the ticket might be reduced to something more manageable or dismissed altogether. Although, you’re going to have some explaining to do if the other party submits a claim to your insurer..
      Good luck.

      ~ Helping rid the world of stupidity,
      …starting with my own.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.