reason,
    send it to us for repair with your address, receipt and registration
    copy,
    and $9.50 for shipping and handling."

Ok, sounds good, $9.50 to get it fixed FOR ANY REASON. I sent adg email
    asking if I could register by mail. They sent me this:

Now, warranty
    on
    reels are $59 for spool and and $69 for the other side with main dragfunction part for replacement of new part when you send in defective ordamaged reel sides.

Can they do this?!??!

Take it back where you bought it and get another reel. I am not familiar
    with the reel you bought but you have such bad impressions about the company
    that nothing they can ever do will make you feel good about them and enjoy
    the reel. Cut your losses. Avoid their hassles. The biz is so competitive
    you do not have to put up with their crap.

Good Luck.
    John

"steve sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]news.sf.sbcglobal.net...
    I just got a adg fly reel. Its warranty (found in the box) says : adg colorado usa fly reel manual and warranty registraion says "If any part of the reel fails to perform for any reason, send it to us for repair with your address, receipt and registration copy, and $9.50 for shipping and handling." Ok, sounds good, $9.50 to get it fixed FOR ANY REASON. I sent adg email asking if I could register by mail. They sent me this: Now, warranty on
    reels are $59 for spool and and $69 for the other side with main dragfunction part for replacement of new part when you send in defective ordamaged reel sides.

Comment

Can they do this?!??!

steve! wrote:
      I just got a adg fly reel. Its warranty (found in the box) says : adg colorado usa fly reel manual and warranty registraion says "If any part of the reel fails to perform for any reason, send it to us for repair with your address, receipt and registration copy, and $9.50 for shipping and handling."
      Ok, sounds good, $9.50 to get it fixed FOR ANY REASON. I sent adg email asking if I could register by mail. They sent me this:
      Now, warranty on
      The warranty is only as good as the company that backs it.
      Find a better company.

Comment

Can they do this?!??!

I agree with the two previous posters ... sounds like the old switch and
        bait, and no they cannot do that, but why fight them? Just return it. That
        is the best way for them to get the message.

--
        James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
        www.outdoorsmagazine.net
        "steve sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        I just got a adg fly reel. Its warranty (found in the box) says : adg colorado usa fly reel manual and warranty registraion says "If any part of the reel fails to perform for any reason, send it to us for repair with your address, receipt and registration copy, and $9.50 for shipping and handling." Ok, sounds good, $9.50 to get it fixed FOR ANY REASON. I sent adg email asking if I could register by mail. They sent me this: Now, warranty on

Comment

Can they do this?!??!

I would make a copy of the warranty and send it to them with a request that
          they honor the warranty in the box. I would also send a copy of your
          request for repair under terms of your warranty to the Better Business
          Bureau. If they still refuse to honor the terms of their warranty I would
          contact the State Attorney Generals office to intervene on your behalf.

I don't believe they can change the terms of your warranty. They can
          however change the terms of future warranties.

Sarge

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X