Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving speed child seatbelt violation $430 ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:19:00 -0600, toto <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:04:25 GMT, DTJ <[email protected]> wrote:
    You are an idiot. Punishment teaches children to behave.
    No, it doesn't.
    You are clueless.
    But we never smacked him so he didn't learn to hit others.
    Ah, he never saw anyone hit anyone. Never. So he never learned to
    hit. I think you need to see a shrink.
    violence. The boys who are violent have learned to be so from theadults around them. Most often they have been beaten by adultsand take out their rage on the weaker boys and the girls who cannotstop them.
    Generally I agree with you. I am against spanking because most
    parents can't do it right. However, if you believe the only reason
    kids can be violent is because they are spanked, you need help.

Comment

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:22:07 -0600, toto <[email protected]>
      wrote:
      You might not be aware, but if this is how your group raises children,we are going to need a whole lot more prisons in the future.Neither the research nor the anecdotal evidence from my 30 yearsof contact with children supports you in that. The people in jailwere more likely abused than brought up with positive parenting.
      True, but only because of the age of the jailbirds. Up until the 60's
      or 70's kids were hit as often as hugged. Since the 80's a larger
      number of kids have no discipline at all. We are seeing much larger
      juvenile crime rates as a result.
      Thanks to another poster for this link to the research on ParentEffectiveness Training principles.http://www.gordontraining.com/FamilyResearch.asp
      Thanks. I will take a look. Any advice on parenting is worth me
      taking a look at.

Comment

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:28:26 -0600, toto <[email protected]>
        wrote:
        On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:31:57 -0600, [email protected](Matthew Russotto) wrote:
        If not speeding (and otherwise following the law) is such a good wayto avoid getting a ticket for a moving violation, how do you explaingetting one for an act which is not illegal (going through a yellowlight)? Are we supposed to know and follow all the nonexistent lawsas well as the real ones?
        The way it is explained here is that you are supposed to anticipateand when you see the yellow, you know you are going to have tostop. Too many people speed up to get through that yellow, butby the time they are actually in the middle of the intersection, thelight has turned to red.If the light turns red after you've passed that line and you're stillin the intersection...you just ran a red.
        Sorry that is not true. The law says if your car (even the smallest
        iota of it) enters the intersection prior to it turning red, you must
        proceed through.

Comment

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:24:48 -0600, toto <[email protected]>
          wrote:
          On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:44:31 -0700, "ColoradoSkiBum"<[email protected]> wrote:
          "Severe punishment" does not have to mean hitting, you know.
          Doesn't have to that is true and some punishments are worsethan hitting but punishment in general doesn't work the waypeople think it does. It may change behavior short term, butit teaches unintended lessons and it does not produce adultswho are self-disciplined.
          You truly are from mars.

Comment

"CC Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
            news:[email protected]
            : CC Bailey wrote:
            : > ColoradoSkiBum wrote:
            : >
            : >> : If the light turns red after you've passed that line and you're still
            : >> : in the intersection...you just ran a red.
            : >>
            : >> Actually, my understanding was that if you enter the intersection
            : >> while the
            : >> light is still yellow, then you may legally proceed through the
            : >> intersection--even if the light turns red while you're in the
            : >> intersection.
            : >> As long as you've crossed the line before it turns red, it's not a
            : >> violation.
            : >>
            : >> Comments from the driving newsgroup??
            : > In Indiana, as long as it's yellow when you enter, you're in the clear.
            :
            : In the mornings, as I drive my daughter to school, I have to pass
            : right in front of the police station. This morning, one block
            : away from the station, I hit the light on yellow and went on
            : through, right in front of a police car who was waiting at the
            : cross street. I didn't get stopped (thank goodness, since we were
            : running late!)

Hell, that doesn't mean anything. In the Denver area cars routinely run
            reds--I mean full-on reds, the traffic that has a green light is *waiting*
            for the last 4 cars to clear the intersection. Right in front of cops, and
            they don't do a **** thing about it. They're more interested in pulling
            over people who are speeding, even if their excessive speed is not posing a
            danger to anyone.
            --
            ColoradoSkiBum

Comment

: The driving here in the Bay area is SO much saner than the driving
              : around Boston!

I never thought I'd hear anyone say driving in the Bay Area was "sane"! All
              I can say is, thank God for cab drivers!
              --
              ColoradoSkiBum

Comment

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:52:32 GMT, dragonlady
                <[email protected]> wrote:
                I'm assuming that the mother turned the engine off. On those occassionswhen I've been pulled over by the police, I have always put the car inpark and turned the engine off.And a three year old can certainly tell when an engine has been turnedoff -- at least in the crappy old cars *I* drive!
                Still unsafe and a bad idea.

Next thing, kid starts opening door and exiting. Even when on a major
                road as a truck goes by.

Oops, no longer a problem that he doesn't wear seatbelts.

Comment

: if you go to traffic court that is your best shot -- they might roll
                  : back the fine -- or have you go to traffic school instead -- at worst,
                  : you are where you started.

Now *this* makes me laugh! Is it only in Colorado that if you go to traffic
                  court, the fine *increases*?
                  --
                  ColoradoSkiBum

Comment

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 05:49:42 GMT, "Dave C."
                    <[email protected]> wrote:
                    Going through a yellow light is not a moving violation. You should have contested and had the case dismissed. Evidentally you do not live or drive in California. Perhaps in YOUR state it isn't a moving violation (it isn't in MA either) but it IS in CA. MarjorieLet me get this straight . . . I'm on a California road doing the speedlimit approaching an intersection with a green light. Five feet before Ienter the intersection, the light turns yellow. Having no choice, I safelyproceed through the intersection on a yellow light. Now I'm guilty of amoving violation?!? What does california think a yellow light is for? Whydon't they just have red and green, if the yellow means red? -Dave
                    Just because someone posts something doesn't mean it is true. Either
                    they are wrong, or CA is full of idiots.

OK, so we know the second part is true...

Comment

• Driving speed child seatbelt violation $430 ??

On 24 Nov 2003 11:26:05 -0800, [email protected] (Eastward
                      Bound) wrote:
                      troll
                      How does it feel to be a bigger idiot than Judy?

Comment

DTJ <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
                        On 24 Nov 2003 11:26:05 -0800, [email protected] (Eastward Bound) wrote:
                        troll
                        How does it feel to be a bigger idiot than Judy?

speak for yourself troll...

Comment

In article <[email protected]>,
                          DTJ <[email protected]> wrote:
                          On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:52:32 GMT, dragonlady <[email protected]> wrote:
                          I'm assuming that the mother turned the engine off. On those occassionswhen I've been pulled over by the police, I have always put the car inpark and turned the engine off.And a three year old can certainly tell when an engine has been turnedoff -- at least in the crappy old cars *I* drive!
                          Still unsafe and a bad idea. Next thing, kid starts opening door and exiting. Even when on a major road as a truck goes by. Oops, no longer a problem that he doesn't wear seatbelts.
                          That was never a problem for me; my kids unbuckled (my younger daughter
                          especially) as soon as they could, but waited for me to open the door.
                          Of course, most of the doors in my old cars were hard to open! My kids
                          were MUCH older (like in the 10 - 12 year old range) before I had
                          problems with them jumping out of the car too quickly.

Besides, if your child obeys you that well, why not tell them that under
                          no circumstances were they to open the car door until you said it's OK?

I think you are seeing a problem where none exists. Some kids really
                          hate the feeling of car seats and seat belts. So we tell them they can
                          take them off ONLY WHEN THE ENGINE IS TURNED OFF. And we don't turn the
                          engine off until the car is parked in a safe space.

meh
                          --
                          Children won't care how much you know until they know how much you care

Comment

In article <[email protected]>,
                            "ColoradoSkiBum" <[email protected]> wrote:
                            : The driving here in the Bay area is SO much saner than the driving : around Boston! I never thought I'd hear anyone say driving in the Bay Area was "sane"! All I can say is, thank God for cab drivers!
                            I spent some time last summer back in the Boston area. Bay Area driving
                            is truly much, much saner!

meh
                            --
                            Children won't care how much you know until they know how much you care

Comment

chiam margalit wrote:
                              I did try to take it to court and was told that if the light turns red whilst you are in the intersection, you get the ticket.
                              They're lying. THERE IS NO SUCH LAW.

Now, they may prosecute and convict you -- probably your best
                              bet would have been to invite a consumer reporter.
                              --
                              This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
                              I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me
                              and it bounces, a second try might work.
                              However, please reply in newsgroup.

Comment

DTJ wrote:
                                On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:28:26 -0600, toto <[email protected]> wrote:
                                If the light turns red after you've passed that line and you're stillin the intersection...you just ran a red. Sorry that is not true. The law says if your car (even the smallest iota of it) enters the intersection prior to it turning red, you must proceed through.
                                Although I agree little with DTJ, he (or she) is absolutely
                                correct, here. There may be some leeway if you've crossed
                                the limit line before red, but have not actually entered
                                the cross-street -- you may not be REQUIRED to proceed,
                                but it is legal to do so.

--
                                This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
                                I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me
                                and it bounces, a second try might work.
                                However, please reply in newsgroup.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                                Working...
                                X