Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving speed child seatbelt violation $430 ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> > Going through a yellow light is not a moving violation. You should have
    contested and had the case dismissed. Evidentally you do not live or drive in California. Perhaps in YOUR state it isn't a moving violation (it isn't in MA either) but it IS in CA. Marjorie
    Let me get this straight . . . I'm on a California road doing the speed
    limit approaching an intersection with a green light. Five feet before I
    enter the intersection, the light turns yellow. Having no choice, I safely
    proceed through the intersection on a yellow light. Now I'm guilty of a
    moving violation?!? What does california think a yellow light is for? Why
    don't they just have red and green, if the yellow means red? -Dave

Comment

In article <[email protected] >,
      [email protected] (chiam margalit) wrote:
      Arif Khokar <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
      chiam margalit wrote:
      When I returned to CA I got a ticket for going through a yellow light, and got that minimum fine ticket. It was the only moving violation I've ever gotten in CA.
      Going through a yellow light is not a moving violation. You should have contested and had the case dismissed.
      Evidentally you do not live or drive in California. Perhaps in YOUR state it isn't a moving violation (it isn't in MA either) but it IS in CA. Marjorie
      Actually, Marjorie, according to what I've been able to learn, it is NOT
      a violation to enter an intersection on a yellow light in Californa;
      either you got a capricious cop (hardly unheard of -- did you challenge
      it in court?) or what you were actually ticketed for was being unable to
      clear the intersection when the light turned red.
      --
      Children won't care how much you know until they know how much you care

Comment

chiam margalit wrote:
        When I returned to CA I got a ticket for going through a yellow light, and got that minimum fine ticket.
        Actually, I know someone else who CLAIMED she got a ticket
        for going throught a yellow light. She had other mental
        problems, also.

Seriously, there is only one ACTUAL violation that might be
        considered going through a yellow light -- that's the
        anti-gridlock law which specifies that if you enter an
        intersection, there must be room to clear it by the
        time your light becomes red.
        --
        This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
        I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me
        and it bounces, a second try might work.
        However, please reply in newsgroup.

Comment

DTJ wrote:
          Further, the reason my son listens is BECAUSE I DON"T HAVE HARD AND FAST RULES.
          So he learns that life is capricious.

I KNOW that was taking your statement out of context, but
          I don't think the context makes it any better.

--
          This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
          I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me
          and it bounces, a second try might work.
          However, please reply in newsgroup.

Comment

CC Bailey wrote:
            ColoradoSkiBum wrote:
            : If the light turns red after you've passed that line and you're still : in the intersection...you just ran a red. Actually, my understanding was that if you enter the intersection while the light is still yellow, then you may legally proceed through the intersection--even if the light turns red while you're in the intersection. As long as you've crossed the line before it turns red, it's not a violation. Comments from the driving newsgroup??
            In Indiana, as long as it's yellow when you enter, you're in the clear.
            In the mornings, as I drive my daughter to school, I have to pass
            right in front of the police station. This morning, one block
            away from the station, I hit the light on yellow and went on
            through, right in front of a police car who was waiting at the
            cross street. I didn't get stopped (thank goodness, since we were
            running late!)

Comment

In article <[email protected]>,
              toto <[email protected]> wrote:
              On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:31:57 -0600, [email protected](Matthew Russotto) wrote:
              If not speeding (and otherwise following the law) is such a good wayto avoid getting a ticket for a moving violation, how do you explaingetting one for an act which is not illegal (going through a yellowlight)? Are we supposed to know and follow all the nonexistent lawsas well as the real ones?
              The way it is explained here is that you are supposed to anticipateand when you see the yellow, you know you are going to have tostop. Too many people speed up to get through that yellow, butby the time they are actually in the middle of the intersection, thelight has turned to red.
              Which is perfectly legal in many states.
              If the light turns red after you've passed that line and you're stillin the intersection...you just ran a red.
              Incorrect in California, the state of the original poster.
              --
              Matthew T. Russotto [email protected]
              "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in pursuit
              of justice is no virtue." But extreme restriction of liberty in pursuit of
              a modicum of security is a very expensive vice.

Comment

dragonlady <[email protected]> wrote:
                You can legitimatly be ticketed if you cannot clear the intersection.Thus, you cannot enter an intersection on a yellow light (or even on agreen light) if you cannot get all the way through it due to stoppedtraffic.
                Only in places with anti-gridlock laws, which are not as common as
                you'd expect.
                --

Comment

In article <[email protected] >,
                  chiam margalit <[email protected]> wrote:
                  chiam margalit wrote:
                  When I returned to CA I got a ticket for going through a yellow light, and got that minimum fine ticket. It was the only moving violation I've ever gotten in CA.
                  Going through a yellow light is not a moving violation. You should have contested and had the case dismissed.
                  Evidentally you do not live or drive in California. Perhaps in YOURstate it isn't a moving violation (it isn't in MA either) but it IS inCA.
                  No, it is not a moving violation in California to go through a yellow
                  light. You have just proved the opposite of your case -- you have
                  proved that following the law is not sufficient to avoid a ticket.

--

Comment

In article <[email protected]>, Matthew Russotto says...
                    In article <[email protected]>, chiam margalit <[email protected]> wrote:
                    Arif Khokar <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:<[email protected]>...
                    chiam margalit wrote: > When I returned to CA I got a > ticket for going through a yellow light, and got that minimum fine > ticket. It was the only moving violation I've ever gotten in CA. Going through a yellow light is not a moving violation. You should have contested and had the case dismissed.
                    Evidentally you do not live or drive in California. Perhaps in YOURstate it isn't a moving violation (it isn't in MA either) but it IS inCA.
                    No, it is not a moving violation in California to go through a yellowlight. You have just proved the opposite of your case -- you haveproved that following the law is not sufficient to avoid a ticket.

Is there an anti-gridlock in Californiai?

Banty

Comment

dragonlady <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
                      In article <[email protected] >, [email protected] (chiam margalit) wrote:
                      chiam margalit wrote: > When I returned to CA I got a > ticket for going through a yellow light, and got that minimum fine > ticket. It was the only moving violation I've ever gotten in CA. Going through a yellow light is not a moving violation. You should have contested and had the case dismissed.
                      Evidentally you do not live or drive in California. Perhaps in YOUR state it isn't a moving violation (it isn't in MA either) but it IS in CA. Marjorie
                      Actually, Marjorie, according to what I've been able to learn, it is NOT a violation to enter an intersection on a yellow light in Californa; either you got a capricious cop (hardly unheard of -- did you challenge it in court?) or what you were actually ticketed for was being unable to clear the intersection when the light turned red.
                      I got caught in a known trap. A friend of mine also got caught at the
                      exact same spot, on the ECR right in front of the Stanford fields. The
                      trap is that the yellow is SO short that you can't make it through
                      even if you were going 75 mph, so they sit there and pick people off.
                      Now that I know it's there, I have seen plenty of people get ticketed.
                      I did try to take it to court and was told that if the light turns red
                      whilst you are in the intersection, you get the ticket. As the light
                      is only yellow for a couple of seconds and it's a very wide
                      intersection, there's no fighting it. They got me.

Marjorie

Comment

In article <[email protected]> ,
                        [email protected] (nilanjan) wrote:
                        In CA SF bay area : I got cited for driving at approx 60 mph at a street with 50mph speed limit. Also I had my unruly 5 yr old kid in the backseat who had taken the seatbelt off after I was pulled over by the police officer. The officer cited me (1)22350 CVC for speed and (2) 27360.5 CVC for Seatbelt. I got a notice in the mail to pay a bail of $427.75. I think this is very high ! Any pointers / ideas on why this amount is so high and how can I get a break up of the amount ? I havent been able to get details over phone and am planning to go to the traffic court to find out more. Thanks in advance ...

if you go to traffic court that is your best shot -- they might roll
                        back the fine -- or have you go to traffic school instead -- at worst,
                        you are where you started. It does give you a chance to tell the judge
                        that you always belt the kids in and that he took the belt off AFTER the
                        car stopped.

Comment

[email protected] (Matthew Russotto) wrote:
                          In article <[email protected]>, dragonlady <[email protected]> wrote:
                          You can legitimatly be ticketed if you cannot clear the intersection.Thus, you cannot enter an intersection on a yellow light (or even on agreen light) if you cannot get all the way through it due to stoppedtraffic.
                          Only in places with anti-gridlock laws, which are not as common as you'd expect.
                          California has the anti-gridlock laws, thank goodness. And most folks
                          seem to follow the rules.

In Mass, I was regularly stuck when a light turned green, unable to go
                          ahead because of cars in the intersection that had entered on a yellow
                          but were unable to clear the intersection before the light turned red.
                          Here, that almost never happens to me.

meh
                          --
                          Children won't care how much you know until they know how much you care

Comment

toto wrote:
                            If the light turns red after you've passed that line and you're still in the intersection...you just ran a red.
                            That is incorrect. One runs a red light only if they cross the intersection line *after* the light turns red.
                            troll

Comment

Eastward Bound wrote:
                              toto wrote:
                              If the light turns red after you've passed that line and you're still in the intersection...you just ran a red.
                              That is incorrect. One runs a red light only if they cross the intersection line *after* the light turns red.
                              troll
                              Arif may be a troll -- but his post is correct (if you replace
                              "intersection line" by "limit line").

Comment

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:11:59 -0500, Nan <[email protected]> wrote:
                                Children will do whatever they are told to do, and if they're not
                                What planet are you from?
                                allowed to think for themselves by being told they'll be "severelypunished", they can (and do) find themselves in bad positions.
                                You are either an alien or an idiot.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                                Working...
                                X