Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite Coming Down All Over the Place!

A little over two months ago, I brought to your attention the Ten
    Commandments stone in front of the Wyandotte County Courthouse in Kansas
    City, Kansas.
    Subject: Ten Contaminants
    http://www.ericseven.com?id=542 [1]

I happen to live half-a-block away from the other side of that
    courthouse. (I moved to this place in March.)
    That rock has irritated me every time I pass it, and after I had
    discovered it was there, I've always planned to do something about it.
    Tonight at about 9:30 pm, as I passed by, I noticed a Channel 9
    http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/index.html
    camera truck by the courthouse. Then, when I came in the house, I
    happily learned the news about the Alabama Ten Commandments rock coming
    down. I decided now was the time to act on my local rock. I walked out
    with my loyal dog to reconnoiter, and lo and behold, the rock was gone!

Let me repeat: The Ten Commandments rock that had been in front of the
    Wyandotte County Courthouse in Kansas City is now gone.

[1] Full URL:
    http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l....rdc-kc.rr.com

[Corssposted to news:kc.general news:misc.legal ]

Granite Coming Down All Over the Place!

That's just grand you liberal piece of dog crap. Another victory for you
    and your made up "separation of Church and state" gang huh? To bad The
    Constitution doesn't say that anywhere. You are why this country is sliding
    into the toilet and falling out of God's grace.

--

Semper Fi & God Bless America,

Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] k.net...
    A little over two months ago, I brought to your attention the Ten Commandments stone in front of the Wyandotte County Courthouse in Kansas City, Kansas. Subject: Ten Contaminants http://www.ericseven.com?id=542 [1] I happen to live half-a-block away from the other side of that courthouse. (I moved to this place in March.) That rock has irritated me every time I pass it, and after I had discovered it was there, I've always planned to do something about it. Tonight at about 9:30 pm, as I passed by, I noticed a Channel 9 http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/index.html camera truck by the courthouse. Then, when I came in the house, I happily learned the news about the Alabama Ten Commandments rock coming down. I decided now was the time to act on my local rock. I walked out with my loyal dog to reconnoiter, and lo and behold, the rock was gone! Let me repeat: The Ten Commandments rock that had been in front of the Wyandotte County Courthouse in Kansas City is now gone. [1] Full URL:
    http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l....rdc-kc.rr.com
    [Corssposted to news:kc.general news:misc.legal ]

Comment

Gary - US wrote:
      That's just grand you liberal piece of dog crap. Another victory for you and your made up "separation of Church and state" gang huh? To bad The Constitution doesn't say that anywhere. You are why this country is sliding into the toilet and falling out of God's grace.
      Quote :

"The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be
      construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people"

Comment

"Gary - US" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        That's just grand you liberal piece of dog crap. Another victory for you and your made up "separation of Church and state" gang huh? To bad The Constitution doesn't say that anywhere.
        Try reading the first 16 woirds of the First Amendment. There it is.
        You are why this country is sliding into the toilet and falling out of God's grace.
        God? What god?

--
        Chris

Comment

"Chas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          "Mark K. Bilbo" <[email protected]> wrote
          The Founders also stated quite *clearly that separation was good not
          just
          for government but for *religion. *Church* The only thing said about religion is don't mess with it- any free expression.
          Don't forget the part about establishment: the government may not endorse
          any particular religion over any other.

--
          Chris

Comment

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:10:48 +0000, Peacenik wrote:
            "Chas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
            The Founders also stated quite *clearly that separation was good not
            just
            for government but for *religion. *Church* The only thing said about religion is don't mess with it- any free expression.
            Don't forget the part about establishment: the government may not endorse any particular religion over any other.
            Or, according to Madison who wrote the amendment, any religion at all.

I like his phrase better than Jefferson's. "Perfect separation."

--
            Mark K. Bilbo

Comment

"Peacenik" <[email protected] AfterItcom> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
              "Gary - US" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
              That's just grand you liberal piece of dog crap. Another victory for you and your made up "separation of Church and state" gang huh? To bad The Constitution doesn't say that anywhere.
              You are why this country is sliding into the toilet and falling out of God's grace.
              God? What god?
              Isn't "grace" Greek for ***?

Comment

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:37:56 -0600, Chas wrote:
                Or, according to Madison who wrote the amendment, any religion at all. I like his phrase better than Jefferson's. "Perfect separation."
                Again, you conflate the words, ignore the context and leap, joyfully, from one semantic level of abstraction to another. It's cute to watch, but I'm glad you're not running the country.
                Oh dear. Have I done the awful and quoted the people who actually WROTE
                the **** thing?

Gosh I'm a terrible person...

--
                Mark K. Bilbo

Comment

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:09:09 +0000, Peacenik wrote:
                  "Gary - US" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                  God? What god?
                  Dunno, but apparently he's dating somebody named Grace...

--
                  Mark K. Bilbo

Comment

"Peacenik" <[email protected] AfterItcom> wrote
                    *Church* The only thing said about religion is don't mess with it- any free expression. Don't forget the part about establishment: the government may not
                    endorse
                    any particular religion over any other. The Government may not *establish* a State Church.
                    Yup. And that is exactly what Moore is trying to do.
                    That is to say that our gummit couldn't follow Henry VIII's lead and establish a CoE type church.
                    Or ANY church, for that matter, including Moore's.
                    The CoE has no relationship to the religion, nor to the Faith- it is a political entity entire. In terms of 'endorse', the Government is built on Faith,
                    Utterly false. Lying does not help your argument.
                    can't regulate free practice of religion, and mayn't establish a Church.
                    Yup. Ergo, the separation of church and state, which Moore is violating.

--
                    Chris

Comment

Establishment moron. How is displaying the 10 Commandments "establishing"
                      religion. You are proof of my point. Supporting the religion our great
                      country was founded on is hardly establishing a state founded religion.
                      Which is exactly what the founders meant. Not the liberal interpretations
                      that you and you kind spin it to be. And why are you cross posting this in
                      3 different groups? In an atheism, kc.general, and misc legal? So I take
                      it you are a practicing, if you can call it that, atheist.
                      --

"Mark K. Bilbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                      news[email protected]
                      On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:26:00 -0500, Gary - US wrote:
                      That's just grand you liberal piece of dog crap. Another victory for
                      you
                      and your made up "separation of Church and state" gang huh? To bad The Constitution doesn't say that anywhere. You are why this country is sliding into the toilet and falling out of God's grace. First of all, the Constitution doesn't "say" a lot of things that it *means. Which is why the courts rely on what the Founders wrote in explaining what they *intended. And the people behind the 1st were quite clear they meant "wall of separation." That phrase started with Jefferson. It's not new. It's old as the Constitution itself. The Founders also stated quite *clearly that separation was good not just for government but for *religion. That entanglements between the two corrupt BOTH. Folks who are being led by the nose over this issue don't seem to "get it" that the politicians are USING them and the religion will be corrupted and destroyed for political gain. You want, maybe, government oversight of religion like such great organizations such as the IRS maybe? Do you trust politicians to run your religion? And notice that the parts of the West where christianity is literally *dying *out are almost all places where church and state were (or still are at least nominally) entangled. Here in the US, christianity is flourishing. That's in large part due to separation. If the "liberal piece of dog crap" types wanted to destroy christianity, they'd give you what you say you want. Establishment has almost totally eliminated christianity in Europe. Maybe it's time to go for establishment here so we can finally be rid of the religion? -- Mark K. Bilbo

Comment

No kidding....thanks God.

--

Or, according to Madison who wrote the amendment, any religion at all. I like his phrase better than Jefferson's. "Perfect separation."
                        Again, you conflate the words, ignore the context and leap, joyfully, from one semantic level of abstraction to another. It's cute to watch, but I'm glad you're not running the country. Chas

Comment

You aren't quoting anything lib. You are interpreting it the way you and
                          all your libs want to. Hardly quoting.

--

"Mark K. Bilbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                          news[email protected]
                          On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:37:56 -0600, Chas wrote:
                          Or, according to Madison who wrote the amendment, any religion at all.
                          I
                          like his phrase better than Jefferson's. "Perfect separation." Again, you conflate the words, ignore the context and leap, joyfully,
                          from
                          one semantic level of abstraction to another. It's cute to watch, but
                          I'm
                          glad you're not running the country. Oh dear. Have I done the awful and quoted the people who actually WROTE the **** thing? Gosh I'm a terrible person... -- Mark K. Bilbo

Comment

"Peacenik" <[email protected] AfterItcom>
                            wrote in message news:[email protected]
                            "Chas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                            "Peacenik" <[email protected] AfterItcom> wrote
                            > *Church* > The only thing said about religion is don't mess with it- any free > expression. Don't forget the part about establishment: the government may not
                            endorse
                            any particular religion over any other. The Government may not *establish* a State Church.
                            Yup. And that is exactly what Moore is trying to do.
                            Exactly what he is NOT doing moron.
                            That is to say that our gummit couldn't follow Henry VIII's lead and establish a CoE type
                            church.
                            Or ANY church, for that matter, including Moore's.
                            Wrong again idiot. He didn't "establish" anything.
                            The CoE has no relationship to the religion, nor to the Faith- it is a political entity entire. In terms of 'endorse', the Government is built on Faith,
                            Utterly false. Lying does not help your argument.
                            How is that "utterly false"? See that is the problem with the libs
                            arguement, if you don't like history you just attempt to re-write it.
                            Lying like all you libs do just shows how weak your arguments are.
                            can't regulate free practice of religion, and mayn't establish a Church.
                            Yup. Ergo, the separation of church and state, which Moore is violating.
                            Again, there is nothing that says speration of church and state, which Judge
                            Moore is not violating.
                            -- Chris
                            --

Comment

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:02:19 -0500, "Gary - US"
                              <[email protected]> wrote:
                              Establishment moron. How is displaying the 10 Commandments "establishing"religion. You are proof of my point. Supporting the religion our greatcountry was founded on is hardly establishing a state founded religion.Which is exactly what the founders meant. Not the liberal interpretationsthat you and you kind spin it to be. And why are you cross posting this in3 different groups? In an atheism, kc.general, and misc legal? So I takeit you are a practicing, if you can call it that, atheist.
                              What "religion our great country was founded on" would taht be?

If it were, why doesn't the constitution say so?

Why does the constitution actually derive its authority from "We the
                              people"?

I take it you are a historical revisionist, and if you can call it
                              that in spite of your false witness, a Christian.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X