X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers License?

"Mage" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] ca...
    This is canada, whats the actual decisions here? anyone know? This makes sense. Since one doesn't even need a drivers license in the first place here(Canada) If you don't believe me, when you go to renew your drivers license, inform them that you will not be doing so. Then proceed to ask for papers from them indicating you are not prohibited from driving(they will do so)
    Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you
    can drive.

Drivers License?

"Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]
    "Mage" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] ca...
    This is canada, whats the actual decisions here? anyone know? This makes sense. Since one doesn't even need a drivers license in the first place here(Canada) If you don't believe me, when you go to renew your drivers license,
    inform
    them that you will not be doing so. Then proceed to ask for papers from them indicating you are not
    prohibited
    from driving(they will do so) Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you can drive.
    Oh? how so

It's simple... If one is not prohibited from driving.....

Comment

Drivers License?

In can.taxes Mage <[email protected]> wrote:
      "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
      Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you can drive. Oh? how so It's simple... If one is not prohibited from driving.....
      All the piece of paper that you get will say is that there are
      no court or other orders which prohibit you from driving.

Nothing in the document says you do not have to comply with
      other laws, including having a valid operator's licence,
      insurance, registration, etc.

--

Best regards,

Stephen Jenuth
      ([email protected])

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

pgp/gpg public key available at http://www.keyserver.net

Comment

Drivers License?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 04:14:37 GMT, Stephen Jenuth
        <[email protected]> wrote:
        "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you can drive. Oh? how so It's simple... If one is not prohibited from driving.....
        All the piece of paper that you get will say is that there areno court or other orders which prohibit you from driving.Nothing in the document says you do not have to comply withother laws, including having a valid operator's licence,insurance, registration, etc.
        Indicating that a driver's license is of a contractual nature right
        Stephen?

StaR

Comment

Drivers License?

In can.politics StaR <[email protected]> wrote:
          On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 04:14:37 GMT, Stephen Jenuth <[email protected]> wrote:
          "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message> Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you> can drive. Oh? how so It's simple... If one is not prohibited from driving.....
          All the piece of paper that you get will say is that there areno court or other orders which prohibit you from driving.Nothing in the document says you do not have to comply withother laws, including having a valid operator's licence,insurance, registration, etc.
          Indicating that a driver's license is of a contractual nature right Stephen?
          I don't think that I said anything about contracts. Its not
          contractual at all. Its just the law that you are required to
          have a licence to drive.

--

Best regards,

Stephen Jenuth
          ([email protected])

Comment

Drivers License?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:39:55 GMT, Stephen Jenuth
            On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 04:14:37 GMT, Stephen Jenuth <[email protected]> wrote:
            In can.taxes Mage <[email protected]> wrote:> "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message>> Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you>> can drive.>> Oh? how so>> It's simple... If one is not prohibited from driving.....All the piece of paper that you get will say is that there areno court or other orders which prohibit you from driving.Nothing in the document says you do not have to comply withother laws, including having a valid operator's licence,insurance, registration, etc.
            Indicating that a driver's license is of a contractual nature right Stephen?
            I don't think that I said anything about contracts. Its notcontractual at all. Its just the law that you are required tohave a licence to drive.
            Gee that's funny. John Bouvier clearly says that licenses are indeed
            of a contractual nature. I take it Bouvier is nothing but a liar right
            Stephen? lol

Since you have indicated that nothing prohibits anyone from "driving"
            and we know that a license allows someone to do an act which without
            such authority would be illegal, what is the ACT being done that
            requires permission?

----------
            A LAW DICTIONARY

ADAPTED TO THE CONSTITUTION AND LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
            AND OF THE SEVERAL STATES OF THE AMERICAN UNION

by John Bouvier

Revised Sixth Edition, 1856

LICENSE, contracts. A right given by some competent authority to do an
            act, which without such authority would be illegal. The instrument or
            writing which secures this right, is also called a license. Vide Ayl.
            Parerg, 353; 15 Vin. Ab. 92; Ang. Wat. Co. 61, 85.
            ----------

StaR

Comment

Drivers License?

On 6 Aug 2003 11:29:56 -0700, [email protected] (Quantrell)
              wrote:
              StaR <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<0b52jvkeoqv3nvj375[email protected]>. ..
              On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:39:55 GMT, Stephen Jenuth <[email protected]> wrote:
              In can.politics StaR <[email protected]> wrote:> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 04:14:37 GMT, Stephen Jenuth> <[email protected]> wrote:>>>In can.taxes Mage <[email protected]> wrote:>>> "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message>>>> Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you>>>> can drive.>>>>>> Oh? how so>>>>>> It's simple... If one is not prohibited from driving.....>>>>All the piece of paper that you get will say is that there are>>no court or other orders which prohibit you from driving.>>>>Nothing in the document says you do not have to comply with>>other laws, including having a valid operator's licence,>>insurance, registration, etc.>> Indicating that a driver's license is of a contractual nature right> Stephen?I don't think that I said anything about contracts. Its notcontractual at all. Its just the law that you are required tohave a licence to drive.
              Gee that's funny. John Bouvier clearly says that licenses are indeed of a contractual nature. I take it Bouvier is nothing but a liar right Stephen? lol Since you have indicated that nothing prohibits anyone from "driving" and we know that a license allows someone to do an act which without such authority would be illegal, what is the ACT being done that requires permission? ---------- A LAW DICTIONARY ADAPTED TO THE CONSTITUTION AND LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF THE SEVERAL STATES OF THE AMERICAN UNION by John Bouvier Revised Sixth Edition, 1856 LICENSE, contracts. A right given by some competent authority to do an act, which without such authority would be illegal. The instrument or writing which secures this right, is also called a license. Vide Ayl. Parerg, 353; 15 Vin. Ab. 92; Ang. Wat. Co. 61, 85. ---------- StaR
              Q) StaR, <snip>
              Shut up you ranting lunatic, I think Stephen is grown up enough to
              answer for himself.

StaR

Comment

Drivers License?

[email protected] (Quantrell) wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
                StaR <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
                On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:39:55 GMT, Stephen Jenuth <[email protected]> wrote:
                In can.politics StaR <[email protected]> wrote:> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 04:14:37 GMT, Stephen Jenuth> <[email protected]> wrote:>>>In can.taxes Mage <[email protected]> wrote:>>> "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                >>>> Indicating that you are not prohibited from driving does not mean that you>>>> can drive.>>>>>> Oh? how so>>>>>> It's simple... If one is not prohibited from driving.....>>>>All the piece of paper that you get will say is that there are>>no court or other orders which prohibit you from driving.>>>>Nothing in the document says you do not have to comply with>>other laws, including having a valid operator's licence,>>insurance, registration, etc.>> Indicating that a driver's license is of a contractual nature right> Stephen?I don't think that I said anything about contracts. Its notcontractual at all. Its just the law that you are required tohave a licence to drive. Gee that's funny. John Bouvier clearly says that licenses are indeed of a contractual nature. I take it Bouvier is nothing but a liar right Stephen? lol Since you have indicated that nothing prohibits anyone from "driving" and we know that a license allows someone to do an act which without such authority would be illegal, what is the ACT being done that requires permission? ---------- A LAW DICTIONARY ADAPTED TO THE CONSTITUTION AND LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF THE SEVERAL STATES OF THE AMERICAN UNION by John Bouvier Revised Sixth Edition, 1856 LICENSE, contracts. A right given by some competent authority to do an act, which without such authority would be illegal. The instrument or writing which secures this right, is also called a license. Vide Ayl. Parerg, 353; 15 Vin. Ab. 92; Ang. Wat. Co. 61, 85. ---------- StaR
                Q) StaR, how disingenuous of you to quote the word meanings that seem to sustain your flawed theories and exclude those which show you to be wrong. Black's Law Dictionary defines a driver's license as: The certificate or license issued by a state which authorizes a person to operate a motor vehicle. Generally, a written and driving exam is required obtaining such.' So we see Jim is correct.

Jim WHO!!?

One has to wonder why you continue to cherry pick definitions when you have been busted for it so many times? Is it possible that you underwent electroshock therapy during your hiatus and have returned to us in a diminished capacity?

StaR asked Jenuths the following:

" Since you have indicated that nothing prohibits anyone from "driving"
                requires permission?"

Perhaps you can answer StaR's question Squirmy.

Comment

Drivers License?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:39:55 GMT, Stephen Jenuth
                  I don't think that I said anything about contracts. Its notcontractual at all. Its just the law that you are required tohave a licence to drive. Gee that's funny. John Bouvier clearly says that licenses are indeed of a contractual nature. I take it Bouvier is nothing but a liar right Stephen? lol
                  No. I would expect that if you quoted the entire definition from even
                  this 150 year old dictionary on law, you would find he agrees with
                  me anyway.

--

Best regards,

Stephen Jenuth
                  ([email protected])

Comment

Drivers License?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:50:30 GMT, Stephen Jenuth
                    On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:39:55 GMT, Stephen JenuthI don't think that I said anything about contracts. Its notcontractual at all. Its just the law that you are required tohave a licence to drive. Gee that's funny. John Bouvier clearly says that licenses are indeed of a contractual nature. I take it Bouvier is nothing but a liar right Stephen? lol
                    No. I would expect that if you quoted the entire definition from eventhis 150 year old dictionary on law, you would find he agrees withme anyway.
                    And so the "application" for a "benefit" and giving consent
                    (signature) to such a consideration is not contractual in nature? lol

And why did you delete the following from my post? lol Care to answer
                    now Stephen?

Since you have indicated that nothing prohibits anyone from "driving"
                    requires permission?

----------
                    A LAW DICTIONARY

ADAPTED TO THE CONSTITUTION AND LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
                    AND OF THE SEVERAL STATES OF THE AMERICAN UNION

by John Bouvier

Revised Sixth Edition, 1856

LICENSE, contracts. A right given by some competent authority to do an
                    act, which without such authority would be illegal. The instrument or
                    writing which secures this right, is also called a license. Vide Ayl.
                    Parerg, 353; 15 Vin. Ab. 92; Ang. Wat. Co. 61, 85.
                    ----------

StaR

Comment

Drivers License?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:50:30 GMT, Stephen Jenuth <[email protected]> wrote:
                      On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:39:55 GMT, Stephen Jenuth>I don't think that I said anything about contracts. Its not>contractual at all. Its just the law that you are required to>have a licence to drive. Gee that's funny. John Bouvier clearly says that licenses are indeed of a contractual nature. I take it Bouvier is nothing but a liar right Stephen? lol
                      No. I would expect that if you quoted the entire definition from eventhis 150 year old dictionary on law, you would find he agrees withme anyway.
                      And so the "application" for a "benefit" and giving consent (signature) to such a consideration is not contractual in nature? lol
                      Where's the contract? What are the terms of this contract? There
                      is none and there are no terms.
                      And why did you delete the following from my post? lol Care to answer now Stephen?
                      Why should I keep partial definitions cluttering up posts.
                      Since you have indicated that nothing prohibits anyone from "driving" and we know that a license allows someone to do an act which without such authority would be illegal, what is the ACT being done that requires permission?
                      I don't think I indicated that all all. Getting a certificate showing
                      that there are no court orders prohibiting you from driving does not
                      mean you are allowed to drive.

Sure a licence is required to drive. But that does not turn it into
                      a contract.

--

Best regards,

Stephen Jenuth
                      ([email protected])

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X