This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Of Sale. Need a little help. Maryland

Ok guys basically i am buying a car from another state with cash. The seller will provide a bill of sale and once i give him cash and we sign it he'll give me plates and let me drive home with car. Shouldn't a notary be present while we sign something like this? What if he signs is as a random signature and puts a random address down on the paper? How much protection does this bill of sale provide?

I've read a number of your questions. You dont listen to responses, and are determined to do things the way you want to rather than what is recommended.

You need to do a little research on your own! You cant go thru life asking people on a forum for advice for every little thing you do.

Your name? "Trouble finds me". No, trouble just doesnt "find" you. You have made a number of poor choices and made decisions that that you didnt understand.

I've tried to help but I'm tired of this.
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post
      I've read a number of your questions. You dont listen to responses, and are determined to do things the way you want to rather than what is recommended.

You need to do a little research on your own! You cant go thru life asking people on a forum for advice for every little thing you do.

Your name? "Trouble finds me". No, trouble just doesnt "find" you. You have made a number of poor choices and made decisions that that you didnt understand.

I do listen to responses. Exactly why i dont ask the same question twice in a thread. And if you like write so proper and use comas and periods and capital letters and such how about you learn to spell. I dont think thru is a word. I understand every choice i make. All im asking here is to ask advice who knows something about this bill of sale so i dont get screwed over when i purchase this car. Is that so hard for someone to do? just type a couple of words explaining to the person what he needs to watch out for.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post

I basically have found my answer, a notary should be present while signing the bill of sale and the notary himself should sign it too. That way no one can say these signatures were forged. Was that so hard for someone to do? It as like 2 sentences, you wrote like 4 just blabbering.

Comment

So was that research so hard? Perhaps next time you will just look instead of trying to start an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleFindsMe View Post
            I dont think thru is a word.
            Thru - preposition, adverb, adjective
            an informal, simplified spelling of through.
            Dictionary.com Unabridged
            Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
              Thru - preposition, adverb, adjective
              an informal, simplified spelling of through.
              Dictionary.com Unabridged
              Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2010.

hahaha... you might win here.... But yet it was not used correctly.

Comment

You do realize that you are not helping your case with the responders here, right?
                The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by TroubleFindsMe View Post
                  Ok guys basically i am buying a car from another state with cash. The seller will provide a bill of sale and once i give him cash and we sign it he'll give me plates and let me drive home with car. Shouldn't a notary be present while we sign something like this? What if he signs is as a random signature and puts a random address down on the paper? How much protection does this bill of sale provide?

Permissum buyer caveo.

..____________________
                  ~ There are three kinds of people:
                  There are the ones who learn by reading,
                  the few who learn by observation,
                  and then there are those who have to pee on the electric fence
                  and find out for themselves.

Comment

I suspect the next post from the OP will be something like, "Hey, I bought this car out-of-state and I got this bill of sale. How do I register it and get plates in my state?"

Trouble doesn't find him. "Trouble" would not put in near the effort to find him that he puts in to find trouble.
                    Last edited by Scott67; 08-06-2010, 04:36 PM.
                    Please post questions on the forum rather than sending me a private message or email. That way others who have similar issues have access to the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott67 View Post
                      I suspect the next post from the OP will be something like, "Hey, I bought this car out-of-state and I got this bill of sale. How do I register it and get plates in my state?"

Trouble doesn't find him. "Trouble" would not put in near the effort to find him that he puts in to find trouble.
                      i love you guys

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X