Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another nurse question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Another nurse question


    Thanks Vicky, appreciate it.


    --
    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

    Comment


    • #17
      Another nurse question


      Originally posted by g and l
      I'm a CPN working in
      CAMHS, I'm also taking a direct approach, i've e-mailed all the CAMH
      services I can in the Perth area. No luck yet, I may have to consider
      working in a less specialist area.
      Vicky....how long!!?? just to
      get evidence? My wife and I have only decided to emmigrate relatively
      recently, and we already seem pressed for time. Do you think it'd
      realistic to expect to be in Oz by November?

      Hi G and I and
      vicky
      I have been working in a very specialist role as an 'I'
      grade/Nurse specialist.
      Every employer I have ever approached has been
      very keen to talk to me and,as I mentioned,I was offered a Senior post
      in NSW.
      Other areas ,in the past,were only willing to offer basic level
      nursing posts and some I spoke to seemed almost hostile.I was told more
      than once that I was too well qualified!
      G and I why are you looking at
      Perth? I ask because NSW is streets ahead as far as Psychiatric nursing
      is concerned.If you look around you may well find a suitable position.


      Ditto Vicky
      Some areas are much more advanced than others.Worth
      looking around I would suggest.Don't respond to adverts just send your
      CV to the Directors of nursing and see what happens.
      Good luck to you
      all anyway
      Best wishes

      G


      --
      Posted via http://britishexpats.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Another nurse question


        Originally posted by Grayling
        Hi G and I and vicky
        Some areas are much more advanced than others.Worth looking around I
        would suggest.Don't respond to adverts just send your CV to the
        Directors of nursing and see what happens.
        Good luck to you all anyway
        Best wishes G
        Might just do that Grayling. Thanks for
        the advice. Hadn't thought about promoting myself like that. Excellent
        tip!!

        Vicky


        --
        Posted via http://britishexpats.com

        Comment


        • #19
          Another nurse question


          Originally posted by Grayling
          Hi G and I and vicky I
          have been working in a very specialist role as an 'I' grade/Nurse
          specialist.
          Every employer I have ever approached has been very keen
          to talk to me and,as I mentioned,I was offered a Senior post in NSW.Other areas ,in the past,were only willing to offer basic level nursing
          posts and some I spoke to seemed almost hostile.I was told more than
          once that I was too well qualified!
          G and I why are you looking at
          Perth? I ask because NSW is streets ahead as far as Psychiatric nursing
          is concerned.If you look around you may well find a suitable position.
          Ditto Vicky Some areas are much more advanced than others.Worth
          looking around I would suggest.Don't respond to adverts just send your
          CV to the Directors of nursing and see what happens.
          Good luck to you
          all anyway
          Best wishes G


          Hello all,

          I'm also a CPN
          in the UK, I was recently working with a consultant who'd spent a year
          working in Brisbane. He seemed to think that Queensland dont have the
          equivalent of CPN's but instead have case managers that have similar
          roles to community care assessors in the UK. I wondered if any of you
          knew any more about this?
          I havnt looked at jobs yet, I'm waiting until
          I arrive.

          Michaela


          --
          Posted via http://britishexpats.com

          Comment


          • #20
            Another nurse question


            Originally posted by vicky o
            Might just do that
            Grayling. Thanks for the advice. Hadn't thought about promoting myself
            like that. Excellent tip!!
            Vicky
            Vicky
            Well worth
            finding out how to write a CV Australian style.
            Ie. recent experience
            first etc.
            Not sure where you would get advice on how.Apologies if you
            already know.
            Go for it! you worked hard for your qualifications.Don't
            undersell yourself.
            Best wishes

            G


            --
            Posted via http://britishexpats.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Another nurse question


              Originally posted by mcmercer
              Hello all, I'm also
              a CPN in the UK, I was recently working with a consultant who'd spent a
              year working in Brisbane. He seemed to think that Queensland dont have
              the equivalent of CPN's but instead have case managers that have similar
              roles to community care assessors in the UK. I wondered if any of you
              knew any more about this?
              I havnt looked at jobs yet, I'm waiting
              until I arrive.
              Michaela
              Michaela
              I was once told that
              NSW are 10 years behind the UK and others 10 years behind that!
              Not sure
              it is true but I have been to a number of services in Queensland and
              other states.
              PM me if you want more info.I would rather not put too
              much on here.
              Best wishes

              G


              --
              Posted via http://britishexpats.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Another nurse question


                Originally posted by Grayling
                Michaela I was once
                told that NSW are 10 years behind the UK and others 10 years behind
                that!
                Not sure it is true but I have been to a number of services in
                Queensland and other states.
                PM me if you want more info.I would
                rather not put too much on here.
                Best wishes G

                Thanks
                Grayling, will do.


                --
                Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Another nurse question


                  I'm going to Perth for lots of different reasons. It would be far easier
                  for jobs in Sydney, the same goes for my wife too (Clinical
                  Psychologist), but i'm prepared to have to work for a decent job and
                  maybe take whatever i can get in the short-term, just because we want to
                  live in Perth.

                  I don't know about the role of the CPN, only that I have
                  seen the odd post for CPN's advertised on various websites, sorry i
                  can't be more helpful than that.

                  I'd love to continue doing a similar
                  job to what i'm doing now, and who knows...an even better job might come
                  up, i'm not banking on it though!

                  I'm a g-grade now, how does that
                  figure in the Australian system?


                  --
                  Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Another nurse question


                    Originally posted by g and l
                    I'm going to Perth for
                    lots of different reasons. It would be far easier for jobs in Sydney,
                    the same goes for my wife too (Clinical Psychologist), but i'm prepared
                    to have to work for a decent job and maybe take whatever i can get in
                    the short-term, just because we want to live in Perth.
                    I don't know
                    about the role of the CPN, only that I have seen the odd post for CPN's
                    advertised on various websites, sorry i can't be more helpful than that.
                    I'd love to continue doing a similar job to what i'm doing now,
                    and who knows...an even better job might come up, i'm not banking on it
                    though!
                    I'm a g-grade now, how does that figure in the Australian
                    system?


                    I'm not sure about the grading system. One
                    Australian nurse told me it is purely worked out on your years of post
                    reg experience, but I have recently registered with Queensland nursing
                    council and their structure appears to incorporate specialties and
                    specialist experience too.

                    I'll be there looking for work this time
                    next month so I'll let you know how it works unless someone enlightens
                    us beforehand!


                    --
                    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Another nurse question


                      Originally posted by g and l
                      I'm going to Perth for
                      lots of different reasons. It would be far easier for jobs in Sydney,
                      the same goes for my wife too (Clinical Psychologist), but i'm prepared
                      to have to work for a decent job and maybe take whatever i can get in
                      the short-term, just because we want to live in Perth.
                      I don't know
                      about the role of the CPN, only that I have seen the odd post for CPN's
                      advertised on various websites, sorry i can't be more helpful than that.
                      I'd love to continue doing a similar job to what i'm doing now,
                      and who knows...an even better job might come up, i'm not banking on it
                      though!
                      I'm a g-grade now, how does that figure in the Australian
                      system?
                      It is a different system.You are most likely to be
                      offered a level 1 post or level 2 if you are lucky.The salary is based
                      on years of experience so you need to ensure these are taken into
                      account.

                      Many jobs advertise for generic 'mental health workers ' and
                      are open to Nurses,OTs,psychologists,social workers and the salary would
                      be the same regardless of core profession.
                      Not sure if that system
                      applies in WA though as I have never tried looking there

                      Good luck

                      G


                      --
                      Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Another nurse question


                        oooh! http://www.fhhs.health.wa.gov.au/jobs/754_JobAd.htm


                        --
                        Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Another nurse question


                          Originally posted by g and l
                          oooh!
                          http://www.fhhs.health.wa.gov.au/jobs/754_JobAd.htm


                          Go for it
                          Good Luck

                          G


                          --
                          Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Another nurse question


                            Originally posted by g and l
                            I'm a CPN working in
                            CAMHS, I'm also taking a direct approach, i've e-mailed all the CAMH
                            services I can in the Perth area. No luck yet, I may have to consider
                            working in a less specialist area.
                            Vicky....how long!!?? just to
                            get evidence? My wife and I have only decided to emmigrate relatively
                            recently, and we already seem pressed for time. Do you think it'd
                            realistic to expect to be in Oz by November?

                            Don't know if
                            you have already had this answered but Nurses are being fast tracked and
                            visas can come through in a matter of weeks.
                            It is worth applying for
                            jobs over the internet as employers are used to doing telephone
                            interviews.
                            I think a job offer also helps your application.

                            G


                            --
                            Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                            Comment

                            The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                            Working...
                            X