X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The start of my visa application journey

I have applied as an IT professional under ACS Code 2231-17 and have
    received positive feedback and forfilled the ACS PIM 2, Group A.

Based on this I have filled out and sent off my immigration forms on Oct
    27th 2003 by myself without the use of any agent to live in South
    Australia. I have asked not to be placed on the skill matching visa as I
    wish to settle first with family in Adelaide.

DIMMIA have confirmed receipt of my application on 3rd Nov 2003.

Questions:

I worked out that I am on 115 points(pass mark needed , but have
    been told that the points system will go up in December and fear I
    may miss out?

If my details are registered before the points go up, will it mean that
    I will be assesed at the time of registration to DIMMIA(115 points) that
    the pass mark was in Nov 03?

I did not send my original skills assesment(only a certified copy as the
    general immigration booklet did not specify you send it). Should I
    forward it on as I have been told it will delay my assesment if it is
    not attached?

I've been on holiday for 1 week(19th Nov - 26th Nov), but have not
    informed DIMIA? Do I need to ?

I face redundancy in Dec 2003 and I'm fearful of finding another job
    programming in the language I do(Powerhouse). I'm worried that by not
    finding a job in IT, I will be looking for employment in another role.
    (Stacking shelves at Ada will do for me until I here what is happening
    with my VISA).

Will this make it difficult for my application to OZ immigration,
    despite ACS informing me on my skills assesment(done in Aug 03)? I have
    enough experince in my current job to 03/03 to validate my current work
    experience.

Do I need to inform DIMIA of my redudancy or my new employers of my
    application for a visa as I'm worried DIMMIA may contact any new future
    employer and mess up my chance of holding down a job untill I hear a
    decision on my application. Any advice/help please on this?

I have yet to do a police clearance or medical yet - Can I go to any
    police station and ask for a police cleareance to be done?

If so what is the cost?

Anything else I should be doing during this 'waiting' period?

Any other hints and tip would be appreciated.

Soz about the questions, but I'm doing this all on my own and need help.

p.s

I love the website and thank god that I found some people in my own
    situation to talk to about it all.

--
    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

The start of my visa application journey

> but have
    been told that the points system will go up in December
    where have you heard this news?

Comment

It sounds like you applied for skilled independent. Did you see if
      you were eligible for skilled designated area sponsored before
      applying, as you have relatives in Adelaide? Not only would you have
      avoided the points test, but the processing time would have been 6
      months rather than 12.

South Australia participates in skill matching, so if you have applied
      for skilled independent and want to go to Adelaide, why not check the
      Immigration SA website - http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au

Although any kind of state sponsorship for IT applicants is a hard
      call today.

There's no indication the pass mark is about to go up, although I
      can't guarantee it won't. Don't necessarily believe rumours.

Last time the pass mark increased (May 2002) DIMIA did exempt existing
      applications, although they are not obliged to legally.

DIMIA will likely require the original skill assessment in due course.
      Keep a copy for yourself.

Any employment change now that you have applied is irrelevant to the
      current application, although it could have an impact if for some
      reason you are refused (eg due to an over-optimistic self assessment
      of points) and need to re-apply later on.

Wait until DIMIA ask you before doing UK police checks and medicals,
      although if you need non-UK police checks you could think about
      starting that process sooner.

Jeremy
      On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:09:33 +0000, gunnercaz <[email protected]_expats.com> wrote:I have applied as an IT professional under ACS Code 2231-17 and havereceived positive feedback and forfilled the ACS PIM 2, Group A.Based on this I have filled out and sent off my immigration forms on Oct27th 2003 by myself without the use of any agent to live in SouthAustralia. I have asked not to be placed on the skill matching visa as Iwish to settle first with family in Adelaide.DIMMIA have confirmed receipt of my application on 3rd Nov 2003.I worked out that I am on 115 points(pass mark needed , but havebeen told that the points system will go up in December and fear Imay miss out?If my details are registered before the points go up, will it mean thatI will be assesed at the time of registration to DIMMIA(115 points) thatthe pass mark was in Nov 03?I did not send my original skills assesment(only a certified copy as thegeneral immigration booklet did not specify you send it). Should Iforward it on as I have been told it will delay my assesment if it isnot attached?I've been on holiday for 1 week(19th Nov - 26th Nov), but have notinformed DIMIA? Do I need to ?I face redundancy in Dec 2003 and I'm fearful of finding another jobprogramming in the language I do(Powerhouse). I'm worried that by notfinding a job in IT, I will be looking for employment in another role.(Stacking shelves at Ada will do for me until I here what is happeningwith my VISA).Will this make it difficult for my application to OZ immigration,despite ACS informing me on my skills assesment(done in Aug 03)? I haveenough experince in my current job to 03/03 to validate my current workexperience.Do I need to inform DIMIA of my redudancy or my new employers of myapplication for a visa as I'm worried DIMMIA may contact any new futureemployer and mess up my chance of holding down a job untill I hear adecision on my application. Any advice/help please on this?I have yet to do a police clearance or medical yet - Can I go to anypolice station and ask for a police cleareance to be done?If so what is the cost?Anything else I should be doing during this 'waiting' period?Any other hints and tip would be appreciated.Soz about the questions, but I'm doing this all on my own and need help.p.sI love the website and thank god that I found some people in my ownsituation to talk to about it all.--Posted via http://britishexpats.com
      This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Comment

what was the passmark before May 2002?

"JAJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        It sounds like you applied for skilled independent. Did you see if you were eligible for skilled designated area sponsored before applying, as you have relatives in Adelaide? Not only would you have avoided the points test, but the processing time would have been 6 months rather than 12. South Australia participates in skill matching, so if you have applied for skilled independent and want to go to Adelaide, why not check the Immigration SA website - http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au Although any kind of state sponsorship for IT applicants is a hard call today. There's no indication the pass mark is about to go up, although I can't guarantee it won't. Don't necessarily believe rumours. Last time the pass mark increased (May 2002) DIMIA did exempt existing applications, although they are not obliged to legally. DIMIA will likely require the original skill assessment in due course. Keep a copy for yourself. Any employment change now that you have applied is irrelevant to the current application, although it could have an impact if for some reason you are refused (eg due to an over-optimistic self assessment of points) and need to re-apply later on. Wait until DIMIA ask you before doing UK police checks and medicals, although if you need non-UK police checks you could think about starting that process sooner. Jeremy
        On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:09:33 +0000, gunnercaz
        <[email protected]_expats.com> wrote:
        I have applied as an IT professional under ACS Code 2231-17 and havereceived positive feedback and forfilled the ACS PIM 2, Group A.Based on this I have filled out and sent off my immigration forms on Oct27th 2003 by myself without the use of any agent to live in SouthAustralia. I have asked not to be placed on the skill matching visa as Iwish to settle first with family in Adelaide.DIMMIA have confirmed receipt of my application on 3rd Nov 2003.I worked out that I am on 115 points(pass mark needed , but havebeen told that the points system will go up in December and fear Imay miss out?If my details are registered before the points go up, will it mean thatI will be assesed at the time of registration to DIMMIA(115 points) thatthe pass mark was in Nov 03?I did not send my original skills assesment(only a certified copy as thegeneral immigration booklet did not specify you send it). Should Iforward it on as I have been told it will delay my assesment if it isnot attached?I've been on holiday for 1 week(19th Nov - 26th Nov), but have notinformed DIMIA? Do I need to ?I face redundancy in Dec 2003 and I'm fearful of finding another jobprogramming in the language I do(Powerhouse). I'm worried that by notfinding a job in IT, I will be looking for employment in another role.(Stacking shelves at Ada will do for me until I here what is happeningwith my VISA).Will this make it difficult for my application to OZ immigration,despite ACS informing me on my skills assesment(done in Aug 03)? I haveenough experince in my current job to 03/03 to validate my current workexperience.Do I need to inform DIMIA of my redudancy or my new employers of myapplication for a visa as I'm worried DIMMIA may contact any new futureemployer and mess up my chance of holding down a job untill I hear adecision on my application. Any advice/help please on this?I have yet to do a police clearance or medical yet - Can I go to anypolice station and ask for a police cleareance to be done?If so what is the cost?Anything else I should be doing during this 'waiting' period?Any other hints and tip would be appreciated.Soz about the questions, but I'm doing this all on my own and need help.p.sI love the website and thank god that I found some people in my ownsituation to talk to about it all.--Posted via http://britishexpats.com This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Comment

Originally posted by 4000 Psi
          what was the passmark before May 2002?

110 for skilled independent.

Peter

--
          This post is an expression of opinion and is neither legal nor immigration advice.

Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X