X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migration Agents £££

Originally posted by DavidT
    No I had more of your experience, basically all the work is done by yourself, they just correct your English, pith poor really for the money, i was expecting service, estate agents in disguise.
    I cant help thinking that you guys are missing the point.
    You get what you pay for! Have you guys actually paid him some money, as I get the immpression you haven't.
    You have to remember that this is how this guy makes a living, and my comments still stand!

--
    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Comment

Migration Agents £££

Originally posted by bigjuneuk

Originally posted by DavidT
      No I had more of your experience, basically all the work is done by yourself, they just correct your English, pith poor really for the money, i was expecting service, estate agents in disguise.
      I cant help thinking that you guys are missing the point.
      You get what you pay for! Have you guys actually paid him some money, as I get the immpression you haven't.
      You have to remember that this is how this guy makes a living, and my comments still stand!

Bigjuneuk,

Yes I have paid for the ACS skills assessment £495.00 already "Stage 1
      of his payment list", this is before I send any money to the ACS to
      cover the review.

I get the feeling that IT skills is an area that he has little knowledge
      of, so he points you to links and it’s all down to you.

I think £495 should get me more help then, here is a link; get back to
      me when you have finished the ACS document.

What is you immpression now!

--

Comment

Migration Agents £££

Originally posted by tosh
        Bigjuneuk,

Yes I have paid for the ACS skills assessment £495.00 already "Stage 1 of his payment list", this is before I send any money to the ACS to cover the review.

I get the feeling that IT skills is an area that he has little knowledge of, so he points you to links and it’s all down to you.

I think £495 should get me more help then, here is a link; get back to me when you have finished the ACS document.

What is you immpression now!

£1300 for my fee, wake up & smell the coffee. 4 phone calls in 8 months,
        & a spell checker, value my arse, Try someone else MR

--

Comment

Migration Agents £££

There is a lot of different standard of services and fees available in
          the industry so doing your homework is a good idea.

I would make an important point. There are a number of practices
          including one who advertises (although does not post) on this website,
          who are basically run by people who are NOT registered in Australia.
          That is the person claims to be a migration agent, practices in
          Australia, but is personally not registered.

If you get into a relationship with any migration consultant in
          Australia, ALWAYS ask them for their own registration (MARA) number and
          then check it here www.themara.com.au

If they are not registered, look after your fellow potential migrant and
          lodge an official complaint as they are a blight on the industry.

Regards

Steven O'Neil

Iscah Migration

Perth, WA

www.iscah.com

--

Comment

Migration Agents £££

Originally posted by Butler
            Hi

I am interested in emigrating from the UK to Australia (skilled migration) I understand that this can be done with or without the help of an agent. I believe my case may be reasonably straight forward (ie under 30, degree, experience no crim. record etc) but still imagine that the paper work can be a bit of a nightmare and expert advice is always good.

However my question is, what are the typical costs to using an agent? (I am sure they must differ a deal). Obviously if they are quite expensive I’ll try without.

Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

Ian Butler

If you a lot of time and a straight forward case then you do not need an
            agent. If you are borderline or unsure about critical points in your
            application an agent could save you a lot of time and get you points you
            did not realise you had or offer alternatives.

Whatever happens do some basic research so you can spot the pretenders
            and work out if DIY is the right thing for you.

--

Comment

Migration Agents £££

Hi,

This is my first time using this site. My partner and I are at the
              start of our immigration process from Aberdeen to Australia. We are
              using the services of Four Corners Immigration Agents and although they
              cost £1800.00 they have been brilliant. We are going on a skilled
              application also, however as we are not married and my partner does not
              have the correct certification we thought we would use an agent. There
              is an awful lot of paperwork involved and glad to have the peace of mind
              and know that the first attempt should hopefully be the only attempt.

Hope this helps.

Faye

--

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X