Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Purchased Car Without Title

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Purchased Car Without Title

    [email protected] wrote:
    Last week I purchased a car off eBay Motors for $5,000. The seller was new, but just started accruing feedback. I drove out of state to pick it up. The car was fine, exactly as described, and the dealer seemed legitimate. I paid for the car, got temporary plates, a 30-day registration, bill of sale, etc. However, I didn't get the title... I
    Just today I found that there's yet another eBay ID they're using. As well as a new website, new phone numbers, new name. So far it's been a week since I purchased the car... it runs great and I'm happy. I've been told the title would be here in about a week. So far, nothing bad has happened with the car I really haven't been given a real reason to worry yet. However, in the event that I don't receive the title and can no longer contact the dealer, what are my options? Is there any way to get the title on my own?
    Don't worry about the title yet. Worry about the VIN. Get your local law
    enforcement agency to look or get an auto theft specialist to look at
    the car. VIN's can easily be reconstructed for later model cars.

    Barring the possibility that it's stolen and you have to give it up,
    your state's registration authority will have a process in place to
    apply for titles, but it likely won't be quick or easy.

    Gerald Clough
    [email protected]
    "Nothing has any value, unless you know you can give it up."

The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.