Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

How can I get my extension to file my Ohio income tax return?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How can I get my extension to file my Ohio income tax return?

    To obtain an Ohio extension you must first request a federal extension. Ohio will automatically grant the same extension for your Ohio return, however, you must attach a copy of the federal extension (IRS form 4868) to your Ohio return. If you have requested a federal extension by telephone you will have received a confirmation number. You must attach a note to your Ohio return indicating that you have requested a federal extension by telephone and provide the federal confirmation number.

    Remember, the extension is granted for filing only. If you estimate that you will owe tax, you must remit your payment by April 15th. Your payment should be remitted with form IT 40P. To request this form you may call our toll-free number at 800-282-1782, contact our Taxpayer Service Centers

    You may also make a payment by using your American Express, Discover/Novus, MasterCard, or Visa card to pay your taxes using Official Payments Corporation. Please call 800-2PAY-TAX

    You will claim this payment as an IT 40P payment on your Ohio income tax return.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.