This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLC turbo tax question

I formed an LLC in DE last year and reside in CA. I plan on registering it with CA but still have not since I don't plan on doing business with it until sometime this year. Am I eligiable to right off the money that I have spent to form this LLC and also advertising costs along with computer, cell phone, fax machine with it's own line. I also had to travel and hotel stays for training. I will be working out of my house and bought the computer and everything else last year too. I have spent a bit of money organizing this LLC. I am a beginner real estate investor. At this point, I am simply organizing everying before getting started.

ps.. I do not have an eid number or licence number. All I have is an "Certificate of Formation" from the state of Delaware for the LLC.

Would appreciate any help that I can get. thank you.
    Last edited by LLC_in_CA; 04-05-2006, 04:38 PM.

There is a tax deduction for business startup costs, but not knowing the overall context of your tax situation, difficult to say how much of this is deductible for you. Turbo tax should/does address this startup business costs deduction.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X