Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Tax Question, need assistance

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tax Question, need assistance

    Hi......... I am not too knowledgeable about taxes, I have a question for you experts...

    If you work online and get paid for your work, how do you report that? Where does it go under? Obviously I'm not getting a W2.

    Thank you.

  • #2
    Depends on how you are structured in terms of doing business. Assuming you are just a person with an online business that you own as a sole proprietor, you would file your income on the self employment schedule and you should keep reecords of your expenses as they couldbe tax deductible. There is also a self employment tax schedule. There are special schedules for certain types of income, so I suggest you consulting a tax advisor or the IRS helpline.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.