Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Thomas keeps asking me to repet the question, instead of answering it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Thomas keeps asking me to repet the question, instead of answering it.

> What question?

You know the question Paul. Here it is again:

Of all the factors to be considered in deciding whether or not to take a
    promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is an important one. Therefore, in
    terms of considering the financial factor, should the person use the net amount
    (i.e., the amount which will actually make a lifestyle difference), or should
    they use the gross amount (i.e., much of which will make no difference at all)?

"AllYou!" <[email protected]> wrote
    Of all the factors to be considered in deciding whether or not to take a promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is an important one.

Again, says you.

As I have consistently stated, "there ARE lots of other considerations.
    Sometimes just one, sometimes many. But in each individual case, it
    differs. Hence, LOTS of other considerations, each set by the person who
    decides.

Therefore, in terms of considering the financial factor,

Discussing the financial factor, there may be additional costs involved
    (real hard out-of-pocket costs) that are going to be different between
    people, so much so that any generalization as to the importance of any one
    financial factor is foolish. That is why I have consistently said that each
    person should decide on their own what values they place on things.

A company that may be offering "free child care" is of no value to a person
    with no children in need of childcare. While another person who is in dire
    need of child care may place a huge value (greater than the actual costs to
    the company) on such a benefit. Which benefit by the way, would conceivably
    not impact the gross or net.

--
    Paul A. Thomas, CPA
    Athens, Georgia
    taxman at negia.net

Comment

Of all the factors to be considered in deciding whether or not to take a promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is an important one.

Again, says you.

As I have consistently stated, "there ARE lots of other considerations.
      Sometimes just one, sometimes many. But in each individual case, it
      differs. Hence, LOTS of other considerations, each set by the person who
      decides.

Discussing the financial factor, there may be additional costs involved
      (real hard out-of-pocket costs) that are going to be different between
      people, so much so that any generalization as to the importance of any one
      financial factor is foolish. That is why I have consistently said that each
      person should decide on their own what values they place on things.

A company that may be offering "free child care" is of no value to a person
      with no children in need of childcare. While another person who is in dire
      need of child care may place a huge value (greater than the actual costs to
      the company) on such a benefit. Which benefit by the way, would conceivably
      not impact the gross or net.

--
      Paul A. Thomas, CPA
      Athens, Georgia
      taxman at negia.net

Comment

Paul Thomas claims that money is seldom important.

"Paul A Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        Again, says you.
        Says virtaully everyone.
        As I have consistently stated, "there ARE lots of other considerations. Sometimes just one, sometimes many. But in each individual case, it differs. Hence, LOTS of other considerations, each set by the person who decides.
        And money is seldom important, is that your position?
        Discussing the financial factor, there may be additional costs involved (real hard out-of-pocket costs) that are going to be different between people, so much so that any generalization as to the importance of any one financial factor is foolish. That is why I have consistently said that each person should decide on their own what values they place on things.
        There may be additional costs, but in terms of the revenue, should the person
        use the net amount

Comment

Again, says you.
          Says virtaully everyone.
          As I have consistently stated, "there ARE lots of other considerations. Sometimes just one, sometimes many. But in each individual case, it differs. Hence, LOTS of other considerations, each set by the person who decides.
          And money is seldom important, is that your position?
          Discussing the financial factor, there may be additional costs involved (real hard out-of-pocket costs) that are going to be different between people, so much so that any generalization as to the importance of any one financial factor is foolish. That is why I have consistently said that each person should decide on their own what values they place on things.
          There may be additional costs, but in terms of the revenue, should the person
          use the net amount

Comment

Each person decides on their own what factors they want to use, and what
            values they place on those factors, in making a decision.

--
            Paul A. Thomas, CPA
            Athens, Georgia
            taxman at negia.net

Comment

Each person decides on their own what factors they want to use, and what
              values they place on those factors, in making a decision.

--
              Paul A. Thomas, CPA
              Athens, Georgia
              taxman at negia.net

Comment

Each person decides on their own what factors they want to use, and what values they place on those factors, in making a decision.
                But as we know, and which explains why you snipped everything, that's not what
                I'm asking you. No matter what value any person places on any amount of types
                of factors in making such a decision, which amount should they consider on the
                revenue side......the gross amount of any change in pay, or the net amount?

Comment

Each person decides on their own what factors they want to use, and what values they place on those factors, in making a decision.
                  But as we know, and which explains why you snipped everything, that's not what
                  I'm asking you. No matter what value any person places on any amount of types
                  of factors in making such a decision, which amount should they consider on the
                  revenue side......the gross amount of any change in pay, or the net amount?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X