That number you need to call, Paul, is: (706) 208-0103

That's nice to know Andy. I trust they were helpful for part of your
    problems. Just wish they could have helped you with your lying and threats
    of violence.

--
    Paul A. Thomas, CPA
    Athens, Georgia

Paul Thomas gives himself away.

I find it very amusing that Thomas would spend so much time in *you liar* and *I
    know you are but what am I* arguments in this NG, but when it comes to a
    substantive debate about an issue, would rather force it to degenerate into
    ridiculous minutia, or would simply rather run from a substantive response.

For instance, there's a reasonable and useful debate to be had on who truly pays
    the income tax (e.g., consumer, employer, employee, etc...), and part of that
    discussion involves how people make various income and spending decisions. In
    that regard, P. Thomas is adamant that the employee pays the tax. In fact, so
    much so that he'll resort to insults and disingenuous replies with anyone who
    might disagree with him. Yet, when I've repeatedly asked him his opinion on how
    most people would make a crucial decision as regards this subject, he simply
    will not answer, but prefers to spend his time with the *nah nah nah* type
    debates with other boneheads in this NG.

Here's the question, and the reason for my asking it.

"Of all the factors to be considered in deciding whether or not to take a
    promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is one of them for most people.
    Therefore, in terms of considering the revenue factor, should the person use the
    net amount (i.e., the amount which will actually make a lifestyle difference),
    or should they use the gross amount (i.e., much of which will make no difference
    at all) of any change in income?"

Now, PT has responded by saying that it's not for him to make this judgment, and
    that there are many, many factors to consider. Well, most of that is true.
    It's not for him to decide for someone else how they should value all those
    considerations, nor is it possible for him to know what all the considerations
    might be. However, that's not really the question, now is it?

First of all, I'm not asking him to decide anything for anyone, but simply
    asking for his guess on how people would make such a decision.

But more importantly, the question doesn't require him to know what other
    considerations might exist, or how they might be valued by anyone. As most
    people will see, the question relates only to one of the factors in making such
    a decision. The question only relates to the revenue factor. And the question
    is pretty narrow even on that one factor. When evaluating the revenue factor
    (other factors are not the issue of this question), should the person consider
    the money which they actually get to buy something with (i.e., the money which
    will have a direct effect on their lifestyle), or should they consider the gross
    amount of the change in income, even though a significant portion of this amount
    will have no affect whatsoever on their lives at all.

So now the question of this post is how can PT be so adamant that he's right,
    yet try so hard to avoid answering this simple question, and at the same time,
    how can he spend so much time in such juvenile jabs that serves no useful
    purpose at all?

p.s., this is a rhetorical question.

Comment

Paul Thomas always answers the question.

"AllYou!" <[email protected]> wrote
      For instance, there's a reasonable and useful debate to be had on who truly pays the income tax (e.g., consumer, employer, employee, etc...),

Who really pays it? Everyone does. The employee, the employer, the
      customer and the vendor.

and part of that discussion involves how people make various income and spending decisions.

Different people make those decisions in various ways.

"Of all the factors to be considered in deciding whether or not to take a promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is one of them for most people.
      I don't believe that it always is the decising factor, and for some workers,
      it isn't even a consideration.

Therefore, in terms of considering the revenue factor, should the person use the net amount (i.e., the amount which will actually make a lifestyle difference), or should they use the gross amount (i.e., much of which will make no difference at all) of any change in income?"

They should use what ever they value the most.

Now, PT has responded by saying that it's not for him to make this judgment,

It is not for me to decide what others value the most.

First of all, I'm not asking him to decide anything for anyone,

But you just did. You want me to decide what they should value more, net or
      gross. It's not a decision for me to make for them.

but simply asking for his guess on how people would make such a decision.

I don't know "how" someone decides what they value most. But, they should
      use whatever factors THEY value in making their decision.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but that's too bad.

--
      Paul A. Thomas, CPA
      Athens, Georgia
      taxman at negia.net

Comment

Paul Thomas can't think. He either knows, or he doesn't.

"Paul A Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        For instance, there's a reasonable and useful debate to be had on who truly pays the income tax (e.g., consumer, employer, employee, etc...),
        Who really pays it? Everyone does. The employee, the employer, the customer and the vendor.
        So you say, but you won't engage to defend it. Why not just stick witht the
        *no, you're a liar* argument, It's going so well for you.
        and part of that discussion involves how people make various income and spending decisions. Different people make those decisions in various ways.
        LOL! Note to lurkers.......PT continues to make my point for me.
        "Of all the factors to be considered in deciding whether or not to take a promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is one of them for most people. I don't believe that it always is the decising factor, and for some workers, it isn't even a consideration.
        I never said that there was *a* deciding factor. LOL! Wow....you really are
        afraid of where your answer will lead, aren't you.
        Therefore, in terms of considering the revenue factor, should the person use the net amount (i.e., the amount which will actually make a lifestyle difference), or should they use the gross amount (i.e., much of which will make no difference at all) of any change in income?" They should use what ever they value the most.
        That statement makes no sense in this context. Noter to lurkers.....this is the
        kind of reasoning and logic which PT uses in formulating his advise.

Now, PT has responded by saying that it's not for him to make this judgment, It is not for me to decide what others value the most.
        You continue to make my case for me. Who even implied that it was?
        First of all, I'm not asking him to decide anything for anyone, But you just did.
        but I just didn't.
        You want me to decide what they should value more, net or gross. It's not a decision for me to make for them.
        That's not what I want you to decide. In fact, I don't want you to decide
        anything for anyone. I'm simply asking you what you think most people would do.
        I'm simply asking you if you think most people make these kinds of decisions
        based upon how any change in income might affect their lives. What's your
        guess, PT, and what's your reasoning?
        but simply asking for his guess on how people would make such a decision. I don't know "how" someone decides what they value most. But, they should use whatever factors THEY value in making their decision.
        I know you don't know. But what do you think? You do think, don't you? What's
        your guess? Do you think that most people would look at the revenue factor in
        this kind of decision based upon the actual money that would make a difference,
        no matter how large or small, in their lives, or do you think they would make
        this decision based upon some amount of money which they'll never see, and which
        will make no difference in their lives?

Money which makes a difference........money which makes no difference. Which do
        you think, PT? Let everyone here see how you reason these things out.
        I know it's not what you want to hear, but that's too bad.
        It's your guess that I don't want to hear it. As you said, it's not for you to
        decide what other people think. but now you've shown that you do have opinions,
        right? so give us another Paul. What's your opinion?

Comment

Paul Thomas answers questions.

"AK" <[email protected]> wrote
          Substance Abuse Services Georgia Therapy Associates 111 Athens West Parkway Athens GA 30603 Phone: (706) 208-0103 They might even be able to help you clean up your language Paul.

They haven't helped you with your lies:

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:33:08 GMT - "AK" <[email protected]> wrote
          "The most ludicrous interpretation of this is that for "the security of a
          free State" someone must belong to a government organization in order to
          "keep and bear Arms." Of course, that's what the JERK thinks."

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:02:31 GMT - "AK" <[email protected]> wrote
          "No Paul - it was based on what you posted some time ago. But you probably
          can't remember it. But that's OK. We understand."

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 04:06:01 GMT "AK" <[email protected]> wrote
          "Thomas - and you did make a post suggesting that
          to keep personal fire arms in the home, one needed
          to be part of the National Guard."

Or your violent tendencies:

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:03:32 GMT
          Don't forget the importance of the 2nd Amendment in generating governmental restraint. I don't believe everyone should have a right to an AK-47 or a rocket launcher, but one good 12-gauge will keep most government operatives thinking about how really necessary it is when resorting to knocking down doors or grabbing assets without due diligence

I understand though, why you wouldn't want to get help close to your home.

--
          "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not,
          none will suffice." - Joseph Dunniger

Paul A. Thomas, CPA
          Athens, Georgia
          taxman at negia.net

Comment

Paul Thomas - call (706) 208-0103

That number you need to call, Paul, is: (706) 208-0103
            ----------------------------------------------
            " Income within the meaning of IRC 61a carries
            with it a general requirement of 'realization' ''.
            (Helvering v. Horst, 311 US 112,115-16)

ak

Comment

Good night Paul

Maybe things will look better in the morning when your head stops hurting.

ak

Comment

It's now morning

Maybe things will look better in the morning when your head stops hurting.

It's morning Andy, my head doesn't hurt (never does) and you're still a
                liar.

--
                Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:
                1. All the DNA is the same.
                2. There are no dental records.
                --------------------------
                Paul A. Thomas, CPA
                Athens, Georgia

Comment

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Substance Abuse Services Georgia Therapy Associates 111 Athens West Parkway Athens GA 30603 Phone: (706) 208-0103 They might even be able to help you clean up your language Paul.
                  They haven't helped you with your lies:

Comment

It's now morning - and THOMA$ is BACK

Maybe things will look better in the morning when your head stops
                    hurting.
                    It's morning Andy, my head doesn't hurt (never does) and you're still a liar.

That eye-opener must keep everything numb, Paul. Does it work all day long?

ak

Comment

It's now morning - and Andy is ~still~ a liar

I wouldn't know Andy. But if it doesn't clear up your lies, you should try
                      something else.

--
                      "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not,
                      none will suffice." - Joseph Dunniger

Paul A. Thomas, CPA
                      Athens, Georgia
                      taxman at negia.net

Comment

PAUL THOMA$ still sick

I wouldn't know Andy.
                        I bet you do PAUL THOMA$.

ak

Comment

PAUL THOMA$ still waiting on Andy to tell the truth

I wouldn't know Andy. I bet you do PAUL THOMA$.

You're one funny liar Andy.

--
                          If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables,
                          then what is baby oil made from?
                          -------------------
                          Paul A. Thomas, CPA
                          Athens, Georgia

Comment

" Ford Prefect" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                            news:[email protected] link.net...
                            "Paul A Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                            > "AllYou!" <[email protected]> wrote>> For instance, there's a reasonable and useful debate to be had on who>> truly pays the income tax (e.g., consumer, employer, employee,
                            etc...),
                            Since who will bear the burden of the tax depends on the elasticity of the
                            price of money (investors), labor (employees), market price (consumer)
                            and supplies (vendors), the cost of the taxes will be borne proportionally
                            greater by the group with the greatest price elasticity, and this varies for
                            every different product and situation. Basically, they all can and some do
                            bear the burden at different times for different products or services.

Comment

IMO, the issue is deeper than that. Let's just take the employee/employer relationship for now. It's my position that the employee weighs the financial factor in considering whether or not to work OT, take a promotion, work a second job, etc..based upon how much actual money (i.e., net pay) they'll receive for doing so. Again, that's not to say that there aren't a myriad of other factors, or an infinite way of valuing them, but as to the revenue factor, it's considered strictly based upon net pay.

Truely, how many people really know how much more (or less) their take home
                              pay will be from working overtime, or taking a raise/promotion, or from a
                              second job? Really now. How many?

Therefore, to the extent this is true,
                              You are making big *** assumptions to prove your predetermined point.

Decide what you want the answers to be, and create a survey of questions to
                              validate your theories.

--
                              Paul A. Thomas, CPA
                              Athens, Georgia

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X