Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Thomas still refuses to answer a simple question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Thomas fans...now he's outright lying.

"Paul A Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    "AllYou!" <[email protected]> wrote
    L:OL! So if a factor is important, it should be the only one considered?
    Not at all, as I've stated in earlier posts, there are many factors that go into any decision. What those factors are, and what values a person places on them is an individual decision to be sure.
    But that's not what you said. Here's your lie exposed:

Me: Yes, there are many, many other considerations, but the financial one is
    almost always an important one,

Paul Thomas: If that were true, then the only thing that would matter is the
    additional dollars.

See? You now say not at all, but clearly, that was not what you said before.
    Another lie exposed.
    After all, that's what you said. Not at all.

additional dollars.

I said that it was an important one, and your reply is that if that's true, it should be the only one. Have I got that right? No, you do not have that right.

additional dollars.

What the hell are you talking about? You know full well what I'm taking about, Paul. You've dragged this out and parsed and snipped so that you could get to this point of pretending that you don't know the point. I really don't know the point you are trying desperartely to make.
    Then refer to the new thread. This one is getting too deep, and I want to keep
    this very fresh for all to see.
    Of all the factors to be considered in deciding whether or not to take a promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is an important one. Says you. Someone else may place a higher importance on other factors.
    I didn't say it was the most important one, nor did I say that quatity of money
    needs to be significant for the consideration of the money to be important. It
    could be that a promotion comes with no raise, but the fact that it does not is
    an important consideration. Are you denying that in most cases, whether or not
    to take a promotion, or change jobs, or work OT, money is not an important one?
    A raise in gross pay IS a raise in "actual money received". So you're now claiming that when a person gets a raise in Gross pay, they'll get the whole amount? If that's the way you want to read, then I'll slap your third grade reading teacher.
    I'm sure you would, yet your interpretation of most everything I've posted here
    stikes me that you must be borderline retarded. But no worries, I'll keep on
    you until there's no escape for you. Now, back to the issue. Now that you
    agree with me that there's virtually always a difference between gross pay and
    net pay, should the person consider the gross pay, or the net pay?
    If that's not what you're saying, Re-read what I posted.
    I did, and it shows your fear in answering a simple question.
    then your answer is a little silly given the question is the difference between gross and net pay, isn't that right? That's not what I said.
    Yes it is. I took your advise, and re read your post, and that's what you said.
    A raise in gross pay IS a raise in "actual money received". Then I went on to say
    But I'm raising the question concerning the difference between those, as you
    know. Therefore, to say that an increase in one is an increase in the other is
    irrelevant to the issue of the difference between them, wouldn't you agree?
    I don't think a scenario can be created where an increase in gross causes a decrease in the "actual money received". Lurker note #1: Paul is once again trying desperately to create smoke and mirrors because he's desperately trying to avoid the ugly truth that he's wrong. How so? How am I wrong to point out that there are many factors that go into any decision and that what those factors are, and what values a person places on them is an individual decision to be sure.
    I said smoke and mirrors, agreed? I'm simply saying that your response has
    nothing at all to do with the question asked. I'm asking about the difference
    between net and gross, and you say that when one raises, the other does as well.
    That's smoke and mirrors.
    There's no smoke there, just plain facts. No two people will value things the same way.
    But the smoke and mirrors part is that this statement is totally unresponsive to
    my question.
    Why don't you decide for me. Isn't it obvious? Not really.
    Then this proves you to be an idiot.

Comment

I didn't say it was the most important one, nor did I say that quatity of money needs to be significant for the consideration of the money to be important. It could be that a promotion comes with no raise, but the fact that it does not is an important consideration.

So are you now agreeing with me?

should the person consider the gross pay, or the net pay?
      A person should decide on their own what factors they deem of importance in
      making a decision.

--
      Paul A. Thomas, CPA
      Athens, Georgia
      taxman at negia.net

Comment

I didn't say it was the most important one, nor did I say that quatity of money needs to be significant for the consideration of the money to be important. It could be that a promotion comes with no raise, but the fact that it does not is an important consideration.

should the person consider the gross pay, or the net pay?
        A person should decide on their own what factors they deem of importance in
        making a decision.

--
        Paul A. Thomas, CPA
        Athens, Georgia
        taxman at negia.net

Comment

About what? All you do is change the subject and refuse to take a position, so
          it's impossible to tell what we might argee upon. But those issues upon which
          we might agree does nothing to answer the question I've posed to you repeatedly.
          Spcifically, no matter what value any person places on any amount of types of
          factors in making such a decision, which amount should they consider on the
          revenue side......the gross amount of any change in pay, or the net amount?
          should the person consider the gross pay, or the net pay? A person should decide on their own what factors they deem of importance in making a decision.
          LOL! Once more, you prove to be a chicken-****, *******.

Lurker questions:

Why do you think Paul Thomas has so much trouble answering one simple question?

How can he get so confused over it?

What does the sense of logic and intellect say about the merits of his advise in
          this NG?

Comment

About what? All you do is change the subject and refuse to take a position, so
            it's impossible to tell what we might argee upon. But those issues upon which
            we might agree does nothing to answer the question I've posed to you repeatedly.
            Spcifically, no matter what value any person places on any amount of types of
            factors in making such a decision, which amount should they consider on the
            revenue side......the gross amount of any change in pay, or the net amount?
            should the person consider the gross pay, or the net pay? A person should decide on their own what factors they deem of importance in making a decision.
            LOL! Once more, you prove to be a chicken-****, *******.

Lurker questions:

Why do you think Paul Thomas has so much trouble answering one simple question?

How can he get so confused over it?

What does the sense of logic and intellect say about the merits of his advise in
            this NG?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X