Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week I, and still no answer from Paul Thomas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week I, and still no answer from Paul Thomas.

"Paul A Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    "AllYou!" <[email protected]> wrote
    > When considering whether or not to accept a promotion, or work overtime, or> some similar decision (e.g., second earner status in a family, etc....),> would you agree that the value judgment can be defined as the money on one> side of the equation, and all of the other considerations (e.g., stress,> time, travel, etc...) on the other? That's what I've been saying all along. Glad to see that you've come over to my side of the fence. Well, that's a lie because all you ever replied when I asked you this directly is that there are lots of other considerations,
    Isn't that what you just asked me?
    I asked youi essentailly the same question I asked above, and you never answered
    except to say that there are other considerations, but never answered how those
    are to be valued. Obviously, you have no idea what a value judgement is.
    Yes. In fact is was...."and all of the other considerations (e.g., stress, time, travel, etc...) on the other?" There ARE lots of other considerations. Sometimes just one, sometimes many. But in each individual case, it differs. Hence, LOTS of other considerations, each set by the person who decides.
    Again, a non-responsive reply. That response would apply to the question of
    whether or not there are other considerations, but not to my question as to how
    they are valued.

But in your post before this last one, you did finally answer the question, but
    then never addressed any of your other misstatements, lies, or the follow up
    question, so it looks like I'll have to call you out again.

Week I, and still no answer from Paul Thomas.

I asked youi essentailly the same question

Yes, I know.

but never answered how those are to be valued.

I remember saying that each person decides what their own values are.

In fact I said......."each set by the person who decides"

Far be it from me to set the values of another.

Obviously, you have no idea what a value judgement is.

Whatever you think.

Yes. In fact is was...."and all of the other considerations (e.g., stress, time, travel, etc...) on the other?" There ARE lots of other considerations. Sometimes just one, sometimes many. But in each individual case, it differs. Hence, LOTS of other considerations, each set by the person who decides. Again, a non-responsive reply.

Says you.

That response would apply to the question of whether or not there are other considerations, but not to my question as to how they are valued.
    I said....."each set by the person who decides."

And in another earlier post I said...."In some cases the "other side" (the
    non-cash side) carries such weight that it can't be overcome by dollars."

How that person values the other factors is not of my concern.

But in your post before this last one, you did finally answer the question,
    Yes, I know.

Are you going to run this full circle until you agree with me again?

--
    Paul A. Thomas, CPA
    Athens, Georgia
    taxman at negia.net

Comment

Lurker Warning....still no answer. Gross or Net?

I asked youi essentailly the same question
      Yes, I know.
      but never answered how those are to be valued.
      I remember saying that each person decides what their own values are. In fact I said......."each set by the person who decides" Far be it from me to set the values of another.
      Yes, I know you answered that way, but that's not an answer to my question. I'm
      asking about the process by which that valuation is made, and not the valuation
      itself.

Note to lurkers: This is what passes for logic and intellect on the part of
      Paul Thomas.
      Obviously, you have no idea what a value judgement is. Whatever you think.
      I'm glad you finally agree with me.
      Yes. In fact is was...."and all of the other considerations (e.g., stress, time, travel, etc...) on the other?" There ARE lots of other considerations. Sometimes just one, sometimes many. But in each individual case, it differs. Hence, LOTS of other considerations, each set by the person who decides. Again, a non-responsive reply. Says you.
      Correctly.
      That response would apply to the question of whether or not there are other considerations, but not to my question as to how they are valued. I said....."each set by the person who decides."
      I know what you said, and as I clearly point out, it's totally non-responsive to
      the question.
      And in another earlier post I said...."In some cases the "other side" (the non-cash side) carries such weight that it can't be overcome by dollars." How that person values the other factors is not of my concern.
      Mine neither. However, you've already agreed that the model I proposed for
      making such value judgements is valid. Therefore, you should have no problem
      answering the simple question as to defining the term *money*. Is it the gross
      amount of compensation, or is it the net amount? Which amount should be used in
      that value judgement?
      But in your post before this last one, you did finally answer the question, Yes, I know. Are you going to run this full circle until you agree with me again?
      I can understand how you believe that you're running in circles. Specifically,
      because you are. But actually, to break that vicious cycle, all you have to do
      is answer a simple question........when a person is making the value judgment
      referenced above, does he/she use the net amount, or the gross amount? What
      would you advise?

Here, ;et me make this even more simple. Of all the factors to be considered in
      taking a promotion, one of them is the increase in compensation. On that
      factor, should the person use the gross amount of the raise in considering the
      promotion offer, or should he/she use the net amount?

Comment

Yes, I know you answered that way, but that's not an answer to my question.

It's not the answer you want.

I'm asking about the process by which that valuation is made, and not the valuation itself.

I don't know how or why people value things. I have no clue as to what
        process they go through in valuing things. But, each person will value
        things differently.

...when a person is making the value judgment referenced above, does he/she use the net amount, or the gross amount?

I don't have a clue as to what a person uses in making their own mind up.

But, it used to be safe to say, that each person decides what they value
        more.

--
        Paul A. Thomas, CPA
        Athens, Georgia
        taxman at negia.net

Comment

Yes, I know you answered that way, but that's not an answer to my question.
          It's not the answer you want.
          I want an anwser to my question.
          I'm asking about the process by which that valuation is made, and not the valuation itself. I don't know how or why people value things. I have no clue as to what process they go through in valuing things. But, each person will value things differently.
          Note to lurkers, Paul Thomas still refuses to answer the question posed to him.
          He'll answer any other question posted in this NG, and he's never short of
          advise to anyone, but yet he can't answer this simple question.

I'm not asking him the value which others will place on various factors. I'm
          simply asking him if, in that valuation process, whether a person should
          consider the actual money which they'll receive, or should they consider money
          which they'll never see under any circumstances. I'm simply asking for his
          opinion on this, that's all. I'm not asking him to predict how other people
          will actually consider the issue, but simply what would be most sensible to him.
          ...when a person is making the value judgment referenced above, does he/she use the net amount, or the gross amount? I don't have a clue as to what a person uses in making their own mind up.
          But what's your opinion? What would you advise? On this one factor, should
          they use the net amount, or the gross amount? Please give us the benefit of
          your wisdom.
          But, it used to be safe to say, that each person decides what they value more.
          Of course it is. But in considering that value, should they use the net amount
          (i.e., the amount which will actually affect their lifestyle), or should they
          use the gross amount (i.e., mush of which will have no affect upon their
          lifestyle at all)?

This is actually a simple question. Why all the extreme avoidance?

Comment

You answered it for yourself, so I took it that you were self-satisfied.

I don't know how or why people value things. I have no clue as to what process they go through in valuing things. But, each person will value things differently. Note to lurkers, Paul Thomas still refuses to answer the question posed to him.

What question?

I'm not asking him the value which others will place on various factors.
            Yes, you are.

I'm simply asking him if, in that valuation process, whether a person should consider the actual money which they'll receive, or should they consider money which they'll never see under any circumstances.

I don't make valuation decisions for anyone. They should decide on their
            own what values they place on things.

I'm simply asking for his opinion on this, that's all.

My opinion is : THEY get to decide what values they place on things.

I'm not asking him to predict how other people will actually consider the issue,

Then why are you asking me?

Quoteth "AllYou":
            I'm simply asking him if, in that valuation process, whether a person should consider the actual money which they'll receive, or should they consider money which they'll never see under any circumstances.

but simply what would be most sensible to him.

You haven't asked me that question.

...when a person is making the value judgment referenced above, does he/she use the net amount, or the gross amount? I don't have a clue as to what a person uses in making their own mind up. But what's your opinion?

I don't make valuation decisions for anyone. They should decide on their
            own what values they place on things.

What would you advise?
            They should decide on their own what values they place on things.

On this one factor, should they use the net amount, or the gross amount?
            Once again, it's their decision to make.

Please give us the benefit of your wisdom.

You seem to think you're pertty good at deciding for me, so decide away.

--
            Paul A. Thomas, CPA
            Athens, Georgia
            taxman at negia.net

Comment

Lurker Warning....beware of advie from Thomas. See below.

You answered it for yourself, so I took it that you were self-satisfied.
              But I want *your* answer.
              I don't know how or why people value things. I have no clue as to what process they go through in valuing things. But, each person will value things differently. Note to lurkers, Paul Thomas still refuses to answer the question posed to him. What question?
              You know the question Paul. But to be sure you do, I just reasked it in a new
              thread.
              I'm not asking him the value which others will place on various factors. Yes, you are.
              No I'm not. Lurkers: Refer to the new thraed just started. The question is
              asked again there.
              I'm simply asking him if, in that valuation process, whether a person should consider the actual money which they'll receive, or should they consider money which they'll never see under any circumstances. I don't make valuation decisions for anyone. They should decide on their own what values they place on things.
              Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise as to what value to place on
              things. But you already know this, don't you Paul. No, I'm simply asking you
              for your opinion as to which amount to use, the net amount of a raise, or the
              gross amount. What's your advise Paul?
              I'm simply asking for his opinion on this, that's all. My opinion is : THEY get to decide what values they place on things.
              That's not the question. The question is is determining those values of other
              factors, which amount should they use, the groos amount, or the net amount?
              I'm not asking him to predict how other people will actually consider the issue,
              Then why are you asking me?
              I want to know what your advise to the questions above would be. I want to know
              your opinion.
              Quoteth "AllYou":
              I'm simply asking him if, in that valuation process, whether a person should consider the actual money which they'll receive, or should they consider money which they'll never see under any circumstances. but simply what would be most sensible to him.
              You haven't asked me that question.
              I've asked you that question over an over again. But just to be sure, I've
              begun a new thread on the subject, and will continue to do so until you answer.
              > ...when a person is making the value judgment referenced> above, does he/she use the net amount, or the gross amount? I don't have a clue as to what a person uses in making their own mind up. But what's your opinion?
              I don't make valuation decisions for anyone. They should decide on their own what values they place on things.
              I'm not asking for a valuation decision, as you, and everyone else who reads
              these posts know. But you'd rather be seen as stupid than wrong, correct, Paul?
              We all know that I'm asking whether or not the net amount or the gross amount of
              a raise should be used.
              What would you advise? They should decide on their own what values they place on things.
              That's not the question, Paul, as you well know.

Lurker note: If you need advise, and you take it from Paul, this is the kind of
              logic and intellect he'll use in formulating it. IOW, you'll get an answer
              which might seem to fit the question, but be very careful, because in the end,
              it may not have any relevance at all.
              On this one factor, should they use the net amount, or the gross amount? Once again, it's their decision to make.
              But what's your advise? This question isn't about valuing other factors, it's
              about which amount should they use, gross pay or net pay, in order to complete
              the valuation process.
              Please give us the benefit of your wisdom. You seem to think you're pertty good at deciding for me, so decide away.
              I'm simply asking you a simple question, Paul.

Comment

Lurker Warning....beware of advie from Thomas. See below.

You provided my answer, so I thought you were satisfied.

I don't make valuation decisions for anyone. They should decide on their own what values they place on things. Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise
                Yes, you are, and you did.

"What's your advise Paul?"
                Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:15:29 -0400

No, I'm simply asking you for your opinion as to which amount to use, the net amount of a raise, or the gross amount. What's your advise Paul?

You just said you weren't asking for my advice.

From above:
                "Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise"

I'm simply asking for his opinion on this, that's all. My opinion is : THEY get to decide what values they place on things. That's not the question.
                Then why did you ask it?

The question is is determining those values of other factors, which amount should they use, the groos amount, or the net amount?

I don't get to decide which factors are of most importance to someone.

I want to know what your advise to the questions above would be. I want to know your opinion.

My opinion is, THEY get to decide which factors carry the most wright. THEY
                place the values on those factors.

I'm not asking for a valuation decision,
                You're asking me to tell someone what factors they should value most highly.

We all know that I'm asking whether or not the net amount or the gross amount of a raise should be used.
                I know what you are asking, but those aren't the only factors in making a
                decision. What other factors are used is to be determined by the person
                making the decision.

What would you advise? They should decide on their own what values they place on things. That's not the question,
                That is my advice.

On this one factor, should they use the net amount, or the gross amount? Once again, it's their decision to make. But what's your advise? This question isn't about valuing other factors, it's about which amount should they use, gross pay or net pay, in order to complete the valuation process.

Why should I decide for them which factors they get to choose from in making
                a decision like that?

I'm simply asking you a simple question, Paul.

And a simple answer was given.

Maybe that is the problem. The answer was not simple enough.

--
                Paul A. Thomas, CPA
                Athens, Georgia
                taxman at negia.net

Comment

Paul Thomas snips posts so as to lie. See below.

You provided my answer, so I thought you were satisfied.
                  I'm not, so what's your answer?
                  I don't make valuation decisions for anyone. They should decide on their own what values they place on things. Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise Yes, you are, and you did.
                  Just to expose your lying ways, here's the whole context of my comment:

Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise as to what value to place on
                  things. But you already know this, don't you Paul. No, I'm simply asking you
                  for your opinion as to which amount to use, the net amount of a raise, or the
                  gross amount. What's your advise Paul?
                  "What's your advise Paul?" Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:15:29 -0400
                  No, I'm simply asking you for your opinion as to which amount to use, the net amount of a raise, or the gross amount. What's your advise Paul?
                  You just said you weren't asking for my advice.
                  That's a lie, Paul, as I've pointed out not only here, but in a new thread, for
                  all to see.
                  From above: "Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise"
                  > I'm simply asking for his opinion on this, that's all. My opinion is : THEY get to decide what values they place on things. That's not the question.
                  Then why did you ask it?
                  I didn't.
                  The question is is determining those values of other factors, which amount should they use, the groos amount, or the net amount? I don't get to decide which factors are of most importance to someone.
                  I know, but as we all can see, that wasn't my question. Why are you so afraid,
                  Paul? It's obvious that you're simply too afraid to answer a simple question.
                  Why is that?
                  I want to know what your advise to the questions above would be. I want to know your opinion. My opinion is, THEY get to decide which factors carry the most wright. THEY place the values on those factors.
                  That's not the question I'm asking you.
                  I'm not asking for a valuation decision, You're asking me to tell someone what factors they should value most highly.
                  Not at all. You know it, I know it, and anyone else reading these posts knows
                  it. Once again, you lie.
                  We all know that I'm asking whether or not the net amount or the gross amount of a raise should be used.
                  I know what you are asking, but those aren't the only factors in making a decision. What other factors are used is to be determined by the person making the decision.
                  You do know what I'm asking, but you're purposefully avoiding giving me a direct
                  answer.
                  > What would you advise? They should decide on their own what values they place on things. That's not the question,
                  That is my advice.
                  To a different question.

Comment

Paul Thomas snips posts so as to lie. See below.

"AllYou!" <[email protected]> wrote in
                    Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise
                    What's your advise Paul?

Case closed.

And so ends my responses to your questions.

--
                    Paul A. Thomas, CPA
                    Athens, Georgia
                    taxman at negia.net

Comment

Paul Thomas concedes defeat and total humiliation.

"AllYou!" <[email protected]> wrote in
                      Once again, I'm not asking you to give advise What's your advise Paul?
                      Case closed. And so ends my responses to your questions.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X