X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of taxes.moderated

Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
    Also, since it took four days for my post to appear ... I wonder if I'd have to "chill" another four days for any response ... Let's see... April 16. "Well, Mr. Tax Man, the reason I filed late is because I was chilling waiting for the tax moderated to clear any responses.
    Did you think of paying a professional to answer your question?

Great newsgroup. -- Regards, Anthony Giorgianni The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back to the newsgroup.

Comment

"Anthony Giorgianni" <pleasepostback[email protected] >
      wrote in message
      news:[email protected]
      Also, since it took four days for my post to appear ... I wonder if I'd have to "chill" another four days for any response ... Let's see... April 16. "Well, Mr. Tax Man, the reason I filed late is because I was chilling waiting for the tax moderated to clear any responses. Great newsgroup.
      You get what you pay for.

Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two.

Comment

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:46:28 -0500, Anthony Giorgianni wrote
        (in article
        <[email protected]>):
        Hello All I would love to see the end of misc.taxes.moderated in favor of this group. Usenet groups focusing on technical issues like taxes seem to do pretty well without some self-appointed deity deciding which posts get in and which don't. For the second time my post to that group did not make it - a simple about how to calculate square footage for the purposes of taking a home office deduction. I didn't cross-post use curse words, reveal my age, ethnicity, heights, weight, hair color or anything else that my subject me to the Orwellian vagaries of the misc.taxes.moderated chopping tool. I finally gave up and went to the IRS. Of course, the guy who runs that newsgroup has a right to do whatever he wants. However, by running that site, he's fragmenting the tax help available on the Usenet. We should not subject ourselves to his opinion of what is a good question and what's a bad one. Maybe he can simply find something else to do, maybe take over for Castro when he goes. Can't we simply stop using that site? I suggest, if you post there and here, abandon there. Tell folks you know who go there to come here. Let anyone you know who goes there that it's time to abandon that exclusive club that makes posting difficult, if not impossible!!!!!!

I take it that rather than believing in a heliocentric universe,
        you believe that the world revolves around you?

Did you just - in the last couple of weeks - find out that you
        had to file income tax forms?

The problem with a timely answer to your questions isn't how long
        the answers took but how late you asked them.

Have you considered becoming a "tax protestor"<sic>? With your
        "personality", you'd fit right in.

You appear to have your head up your malloy rosie spincter.

Gray Shockley
        -------------------------------------------
        For every complex problem there is an answer
        that is clear, simple, and wrong.  - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Giorgianni
          Thanks Wayne

Here is the "offensive" post I sent out three DAYS ago to the moderated
          group. FYI, after I spoke with the IRS, the 30 percent number should now
          read 15 percent and the section under A) should read 25 percent. But
          otherwise, it's exactly as I posted. I anyone sees anything that violates
          the policy of the newsgroup, please let me know.

COPY.........Hello All

I'm hoping someone has the answer to this because the tax publications seem
          to be silent on it.

Being self-employed, I'm trying to calculate the percentage that my
          exclusive home office takes up of the small condo I rent. But I'm not sure
          how to calculate it.

Details: My condo is basically three living spaces -

1st floor - a tiny kitchen and combination wide-open dining
          room/living room (plus tiny bathroom)
          2nd floor - a single large bedroom. (plus large bathroom)
          There also is an unfinished basement

My office takes up the dining room, which is about one THIRD the size of the
          dining room/living room combo, or perhaps slightly less than 20 percent the
          square footage of the living spaces (not including unfinished basement, 2
          bathrooms, stairways, entryway and closets.)

So........

A) If I use the room method, can I say my office is one third (33 percent)
          of my home (one of three rooms), even though the dining room square footage
          is about 20 percent of both floors?

B) If I use the square footage method, what do I include the unfinished
          basement, bathrooms, stairways, entryway and closets?

I sure wish the publication gave guidance on how to do this. (Is there
          anything that I'm missing on the IRS site that explains this in detail?)
          Anyone know for sure? I want to be honest and pay my fair share, but I don't
          want to rip myself off either.

Thanks for any help. (END COPY)

--
          Regards,
          Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
          to the newsgroup.
          My apologies for coming here so late, but I only became aware of this today.
          I never saw the above post and I find nothing inappropriate with it.

What gets deleted without comment are tax protester arguments and spam.

**** Adams - Moderator of misc.taxes.moderated

Comment

Get rid of taxes period!

The IRS is a Legalized Exstortion scam.
            Cooked up by a bunch of Crooks.
            Its been robbing people of their god given Freedom since the first King came up with the idea.
            Giving them the legal right to rob and sell land and property that isn't theirs.
            It should be done away with along with this corrupt government of self serving greedy businessmen.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X