Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage

I'm preparing to dig in and do my taxes and a first time user of
    TurboTax Deluxe. Before I get started, I have a question.

The question I have: does TurboTax allow me to claim the difference on
    mileage for the government standard (37.5 cents per mile for 2004) and
    the 25 cents per I get at my job using my personal vehicle. I want to
    claim the 12.5ct mileage for the difference between the IRS rate
    and what the company reimburses me. Also I have logged all my miles
    traveled at work with aid of a computer program that records my
    odometer. Would I have to submit a record of my mileage along with my
    tax return?

Thanks!

PW

Mileage

"PGW" <[email protected]> wrote
    I'm preparing to dig in and do my taxes and a first time user of TurboTax Deluxe. Before I get started, I have a question. The question I have: does TurboTax allow me to claim the difference on mileage for the government standard (37.5 cents per mile for 2004) and the 25 cents per I get at my job using my personal vehicle.

Yes, on Form 2106, through Schedule A.

I want to claim the 12.5ct mileage for the difference between the IRS rate and what the company reimburses me. Also I have logged all my miles traveled at work with aid of a computer program that records my odometer. Would I have to submit a record of my mileage along with my tax return?

Naa. Keep it for your records though. If you get audited you'll need that.

--
    Paul A. Thomas, CPA
    Athens, Georgia
    taxman at negia.net

Comment

Mileage

In article <[email protected]>,
      "Paul A Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote:
      "PGW" <[email protected]> wrote
      I'm preparing to dig in and do my taxes and a first time user of TurboTax Deluxe. Before I get started, I have a question. The question I have: does TurboTax allow me to claim the difference on mileage for the government standard (37.5 cents per mile for 2004) and the 25 cents per I get at my job using my personal vehicle.
      Yes, on Form 2106, through Schedule A.
      I want to claim the 12.5ct mileage for the difference between the IRS rate and what the company reimburses me. Also I have logged all my miles traveled at work with aid of a computer program that records my odometer. Would I have to submit a record of my mileage along with my tax return?
      Naa. Keep it for your records though. If you get audited you'll need that.

Thanks Paul!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X