Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Roth Excess Contrib. - No 1099 for 2004?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roth Excess Contrib. - No 1099 for 2004?

    My wife and I made excessive contributions to our Roths in 2004 for tax year
    When preparing my return, now in 2005, I discovered they were excessive and
    had Vanguard return the excess plus the earnings. I need to report the
    on my 2004 return but Vanguard won't send the 1099s until January of the
    next year.
    How do I complete my 2004 return with these earnings if I won't be getting
    1099 documents until January 2006? TurboTax won't allow me to just enter
    amount on lines 15a and 15b of the 1040, it expects me to have a 1099.

The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.