Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a bankruptcy off of my record?

Hello,

I had a personal bankruptcy 10 years ago August, 1995. I am interested in
    contacting the credit agencies to have the bankruptcy expunged from my
    record.

Are there any tips for ensuring that the credit agencies do this and is
    there any technical terminology that I should use to increase the likelihood
    of their doing this quickly?

Thanks a lot,

Bob

Well, there are three major consumer credit reporting agencies which I am most familiar with, Trans Union, Experian and Equifax, which companies use when checking credit reports, and which likely have different information.

Bankruptcies are supposed to be automatically removed from the records after 10 years, since it is outdated information. The CRAs are required to investigate and correct any inaccurate information when disputed by the creditor. My experience is that the CRAs respond promptly when handling a dispute.

15 U.S.C. ยงยง1681-1681u'
    http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcrajump.htm

Some good answers:
    http://searchenginez.com/credit_check_usa.html
    "What would a reasonable person do?"

aryels
    A.S. Paralegal
    Criminal Justice Student--B.S.

"Give this guy 15 cents and tell him to go to hell."

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X