Will Texas report an overpayment in property taxes to the IRS regardless of the amount due on bill?

For example:
Property tax due for tax-assessment year 2014: $2,000
Property tax payment that will be paid by December 2014: $3,000

Would one be able to itemize $2,000 or $3,000 on the 2014 tax return?

Thank you