Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Dodd
    replied
    Here's the 'scam' you're talking about. They have some idiots working there. They also have some nice and really helpful people there. If you get one of the idiots, hang up and call again, until you get someone who is helpful. It helps if you are really nice to them. A line that works well (I've used it) is "Hi, I'm one of your deadbeats trying to redeem myself. I'm hoping you can help me with this."

These folks get abused all day, every day. If you're nice to them, usually they'll help you. If they don't help you, like I said, hang up, and try again.

Leave a comment:

• Diamondeek
    replied
    Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
    You will not get any refunds until the debt is paid. They will apply it to your debt, however. And before you say you were robbed by your country, consider that YOU are ultimately responsible for what happens in your business, and they could be a whole lot nastier than they are being. Next time, you need to learn how to 'mind your own business', meaning you have better checks in place to make sure things are happening the way they should.
    I completely agree, this mess is my fault, however, I am trying to do exactly as you're saying, I want it transferred over towards the balance of my debt. I have NO issue with paying my debt, again, my fault I am in this, but the IRS says they can not do this, when last time I had the issue with previous quarters they WERE able to do this.
    It just makes me feel like there is a "scam" going to drive up my interest on what is owed, which goes up and up daily.
    I appreciate the input though.

Leave a comment:

• Alice Dodd
    replied
    You will not get any refunds until the debt is paid. They will apply it to your debt, however. And before you say you were robbed by your country, consider that YOU are ultimately responsible for what happens in your business, and they could be a whole lot nastier than they are being. Next time, you need to learn how to 'mind your own business', meaning you have better checks in place to make sure things are happening the way they should.

Leave a comment:

• Diamondeek
    started a topic IRS holding my income tax refund. Pennsylvania

IRS holding my income tax refund. Pennsylvania

I dont knowif I am posting in the right forum but..

I am a very small business owner, who jumped in way over my head when buying this business when I had no idea how to run one.
    Anyhow, I hired a bookkeeper that was a thief, didn’t pay payroll taxes and took off with money, basically, for the year of 2009 and 1st quarter of 2010.
    Since then, all taxes are paid, with penalties and interest, with the exception of 2009 last quarter.
    I since have worked out a payment schedule with the IRS, gave them 3800.00 up front of a 10,000.00 balance.
    I pay my 320.00 per month on time and no issues there.

My issue is this, NO ONE in the IRS knows where OR WHY my personal tax return hasn’t been sent to me. I realize I owe money, I only want to transfer it from office to office and be done with this debt and my liens etc..
    I am an S-corp, and I file my taxes jointly with my wife. One person told me that they are not allowed to hold the money, it must be sent to me, or it must be applied towards the money owed, which I am 100% fine with. The interest is building by the day, I just want to be done with it.
    I filed in March of 2012, with my business taxes and received a letter stating that I wouldn’t receive my funds, please call or send a letter, which I promptly did.
    I called numerous times, only to hear that it has to go through the “process” of being reviewed and would hear in 30-45 days.. NOTHING happened in that time. I call again, they say that there isnt any info, nor that I ever called, that happened 2 different times.. the last one, they said that they had no contact info on me.. funny, how the letters found me though.
    FINALLY, I get kicked over to the Taxpayer advocate service, they hold me off another 45 days, just to get a letter saying, The IRS will not release any funds until the balance is paid off.

I find this extremely unfair, extremely stressful and frustrated, to say the least.
    I only want this settled and I want the interest knocked off my tab on the balance due from the day the check should have been issued and I am paying for, after all, since the shoe is on the other foot I am paying a ton of interest, I feel its me being robbed and cheated by OUR government. Time are tough enough, barely making it and now I need to be robbed by my own country?
    Is there anything that can be done or any advice? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks to anyone who can help!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X