This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Tax return and possible garnishmet Washington

I have a student loan...have been out of work and unable to pay. Get a phone call from them saying if I can setup payment they will not take my tax return. I made a payment to them by the 30th like they asked and than setup with them for the payment to come out automatically each month on the 15th. The rep for the loan told me to wait to do my tax return until 20th of February. Which I did...today I tooked on the IRS website it says my tax return will be deposited on 3/5....below there is a note that says there is a chance that there is money that could be going to other things.

Can they take it all? What about what they said as far as setting up the payments they would remove the levy to take my tax return? And can I do anything? Can I stop those payment that are coming out each month? I cannot afford payments and for them to take my tax return.

Can you help me?

Yes, they can take it all. Since student loans such as you have are federally insured, the offset program allows them to take any refund and apply it to your past due debt.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X