This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no withholdings Arkansas

I have currently moved to Arkansas and just started a new job. I have filled out the W-2 form but my employer has not taken out any taxes federal or state. These are small paychecks. When I asked him about it he said he would have to get back to me. I have never heard anything. My last check had 20 cents taken out for state tax. Is there a certain amount I have to earn before taxes are taken out? I am confused. Please help.

It is actually the IRS form W-4 that you fill out. The W-2 is what you get at year end.

By no taxes being withheld, does this mean that no FICA taxes being taken out?

If you are taking about FIT only, you might want to visit a payroll calculator.

http://www.paycheckcity.com/netpayca...calculator.asp
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by jbfg View Post
      I have currently moved to Arkansas and just started a new job. I have filled out the W-2 form but my employer has not taken out any taxes federal or state. These are small paychecks. When I asked him about it he said he would have to get back to me. I have never heard anything. My last check had 20 cents taken out for state tax. Is there a certain amount I have to earn before taxes are taken out? I am confused. Please help.
      Social Security and Medicare taxes should be taken out no matter how small the paychecks are. However, depending on your number of exemptions and the size of your paychecks it would not be unusual for no state or federal income taxes to be withheld.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X