X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LdiJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Blistken View Post
    Sorry if I was not clear I will get the 1.5$ for each delivery my concern is how they record it on my pay check. They will record it as a bonus thus be taxed. I would think it should be recorded under mileage reimbursement so no taxes would be incurred.
    Yes, they could pay it as a mileage reimbursement and it would actually be in their best interest to do so, as they would not have to pay employer taxes on that amount.

You should discuss that with them.

Leave a comment:

• Blistken
    replied
    Sorry if I was not clear I will get the 1.5$ for each delivery my concern is how they record it on my pay check. They will record it as a bonus thus be taxed. I would think it should be recorded under mileage reimbursement so no taxes would be incurred.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    There are exactly two states (CA, MA) that have some type of rules requiring that employers reimburse work related expense. While I do not disagree with your statement that this is wrong, your state has not (so far) choosen to pass such laws.

Leave a comment:

• Blistken
    replied
    milage

Thanks for the advice.

But don’t see how any one in any state would how to use there own car for work being compensated and have to pay taxes on the compensation when it cost me money for fuel and maintenance on my car to preform on the job duties.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    The key under federal law is minimum wage and overtime. If the employee is paid at least MW and normal OT after deductions, and everything was explained prior to the work being done, then federal rules are probably ok with things.

State law can be different, but your state is not my state, and I do not know what rules (if any) that your state has.

Leave a comment:

• Blistken
    replied
    milage

This has not started yet was informed by my manager what the owner wants to do. will bob would work the 4 hrs at 7.25 hr he made 10 deliveries. bob would make 29$ in wages and 15$ in delivery charge that would be paid under the bonus category so the way I understand it he would end up making 44$ in taxable income

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    I am going to request a little more information. Let's say that Bob is one of your pizza drivers and works exactly 4 hours this week. Could you spell out exactly what is happening with Bob's pay check? I want to very specifically see what Bob's gross wages are for those 4 hours and how this deduction is being handled. (There are several different methods of handling this. Some of the methods are legal and some are not. I cannot tell for sure which method is being used from your question).

Leave a comment:

• Blistken
    started a topic mileage reimbursement Iowa

mileage reimbursement Iowa

I am working for a pizza delivery co. They are going to give owner delivery car to another store so we will have to use owner own car to deliver in. They are going to give us 1.50$ out of the 1.75$ they charge to the customer as compensation for using owner car. Thy want to pay us under the bonus part of owner pay check. That doesn’t sound right to me that would make us pay taxes on it when it is an expense to drive owner personal cars. Is this right or how should they pay us under?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X