Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

How to get w2 if former employer no longer exists Michigan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to get w2 if former employer no longer exists Michigan


    I was working for an employer till May, 2007.I have received all the paychecks from this employer very promptly. Later i switched to one more employer in the same Month. In feb,2008 i was waiting for the W2 from my former employer. I didn't receive W2 from the former employer. I tried calling to them but it was in vain. Later i came to know that my former employer no longer exists. How can i get my W2 when the company doesn't exist? The thing is i have all the paychecks from this company. Please suggest if i can get a copy of the W2 from ADP? If not, is there any way at all to receive my W2?

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Contact either or the IRS or your state franchise Tax board either should have copies you can request


    • #3
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.