I just received an amended W2 from my previous employer for the year 2005. The payroll company they used had a glitch in their system and over reported federal withholdings for that year. I received a refund from the IRS. I know I need to file a 1040x. Is the IRS going to fine me with penalty's because of an error I had no control over? Thanks for the help!