This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deduction for Blood Donation? California

Can I deduct as a contribution my blood and blood products I donate to the local Blood Bank?

No.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Blood

That is interesting. A nonprofit org receives something as a donation that can be sold elsewhere and yet no deduction can be taken. It has a value. I am still looking into the travel expenses to and from the Blood Bank to deduct mileage etc. I also suppose the word "blood" is a generic term for all blood products as I donate platelets and they are much more valuable..

Thank you for the quick reply

Comment

I'm not sure why the IRS has made such a determination. The Red Cross's position on this issue is that they want to ensure that all blood donations are completely voluntary, with no incentive for the donor except the desire to support a safe and adequate supply of blood.
        I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X