Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Garnish tax return for back rent

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Garnish tax return for back rent

    I have a court order for a women that renterd from me to pay 1300.00 in back rent. She was ordered to pay 150.00 month starting on 11/01/06 and on the 1st of each month until the debt was paid in full. She has not paid nothing (as I expected). I am wondering if there is some way of garnishing here income tax refund. I am told by sessions court if i knew where she worked they could garnish here wages, I do not have a clue as to what her employment status is. They told me that I would have to hire a lawyer, is there a form that I can file myself with out using a lawyer? Just wondering Jeff

  • #2
    Duplicate post
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

    I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

    Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.