This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing real estate without an agent

Exactly what is the process and what do I cover? I'm thinking my agent isn't being as reliable as I once thought, and I was through that before in another state. It's a headache. Any advice?
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Originally posted by cactus jack View Post
    Exactly what is the process and what do I cover? I'm thinking my agent isn't being as reliable as I once thought, and I was through that before in another state. It's a headache. Any advice?
    I'm not an agent or do I know exactly what to do but if I may suggest doing a search online for "Sell By Owner". My daughter sold her last home that way and I think you do have to pay a fee to have your house listed but I'm not sure exactly how that works.

My sister and I just sold my parents home and my agent didn't even show it, it was other agents bringing their clients in so technically my agent did nothing but list it but that can be a job too so I guess she earned her 3%!! We weren't optimistic about selling it right away because the house itself was in bad shape but the house is in a "hot" location and it sold in a week so maybe your location may not be happening at the moment but these things change from week to week but selling by owner can be cheaper but it can be time consuming. Whenever my daughter got a showing for her house I was the one that had to go over there when someone wanted to see it so it has it's disadvantages but cost alot less than having a agent. I guess that is why agents make the $$ with all that needs to be done, but if your agent is slacking off I would be finding someone else.

Comment

Thank you Jeffrey! I have since the last post purchased a home, unfortunately through an agent. $2,700 lost, but it's a good home.
      I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
      Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
      I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
      Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Poster was a spammer with a foreign IP address & posting to old threads - one from 7-2010.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X