This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder keeps missing deadlines Massachusetts

We contracted to have a home built in April 2013. Our closing date was August 31, 2013. Since that date, the builder has continually needed an extension to the P&S to complete the work on the property, citing excuse after excuse why the work was not completed (we've signed 6 extensions already). We sold our existing property based on his closing date of 4/15/14, only to discover on 4/9 that the house wasn't ready. Now our family (us, 3 kids and 3 pets) is scattered amongst locations (hotel, friends, etc) and we learned today that the latest closing date of 5/27 will not be met either. Our rate lock expires on that date. So, if we want our house, we have to pay for more temporary housing, more storage for our belongings, impose longer on our friends, and pay an extension fee to keep our interest rate from going up. What recourse do we have? What can be done to behoove this builder to get the house finished already? Help...the stress is killing me.

Whatever recourse you have is a function of contract law, and we do not have access to your contract with the builder (or any of the amendments to the contract). I would suggest that you have your contract reviewed by a local attorney.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

yes, but it isn't very active. We get more labor/HR law questions than any other type it seems. But we do ask that there be no ads or spam and that you not reply to old postings. If you want to advertise, I think there is a way to do so but honestly I don't know where to direct you. Thanks!

Comment

Was spam post. Closing thread from 2014.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X