This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Marrying an Inmate in New York

I am a Canadian who wants to marry an American inmate in New York. I want to cross the border, go to New York and get married, stay there for one week and then return home to Canada. I will not be moving to the States at this time. I would not be telling them at the border that I am coming down to get married. If I was to visit him a year later after we were married, would they know at the border that I married an American if I don't say anything? And if we got married now, at some point in the future, would it be possible for me to move to the States if I did not tell them at the border that I was going down to get married, and when I was married, I did not say that I was going down to visit my husband? Because I did not tell the truth, will that ruin my chances of ever being able to move to the States?

Thank you.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X