This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to share this: not a joke!

Since I just came back to LLT after a long absence, I had to share this story that just happened at my office yesterday. You are going to think I made this up or that it's a joke, but it actually happened.

Our HR VP was standing by the front desk asking the receptionist something. A woman came in, went up to the receptionist and said she knows a guy who works for us, and gave his name. (He is a low-level manager.) She went on to tell the receptionist that this guy told her that if she gave him "oral favors" he would get her a job here.

The receptionist was shocked, glanced over at the HR VP, then said to the woman "So you're here to make a complaint about him?"
    And the woman said "No, I'm here for my job."

I swear on a STACK of Bibles that this is true! After hearing about it, I literally could not do my work for at least an hour because I could not stop laughing.

Oh dear God.

Glad to have you back, TS!
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Oh my goodness - it is funny though.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Welcome back TS!

So, do tell. What happened to the, ummm, "lady"?
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

I can' t decide if she was that dumb or if she was a vindictive ex-girlfriend trying to get him into trouble. Either way, it was funny.
          I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Truth is stranger than fiction. Humans never cease to amaze me.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Thank goodness for true witness bearing management.
              Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or qualified to practice law in any state. I only argue legal theory and politics, from an economics perspective.

Comment

Thank goodness for the ban hammer.
                The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

problems with probity? have you considered a motion for a probationary wife to help out.
                  Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or qualified to practice law in any state. I only argue legal theory and politics, from an economics perspective.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X