X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liability inquiry- Building a battleship Colorado

I need liability advice.

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted my own battleship. Hey, kids are like that, ok? LOL!

Well, I always had plans oin building one, but I never got it built. Now, I'm think I will.

It's easy, because I used to build models from scratch. This ship is going to be small-less than 20' long. And though it *might* be a battleship, I might choose another type instead.

With that said, I might be facing some liability. I don't know. Can you guys think of any?

I have already had an argument with a local modeler over this. My reasons are simple-
    1. It ain't illegal.
    2. I always wanted my own ship when I was a kid, so what the hell?
    3. I served my country so people could do things like this.
    4. I have worked hard throughout my life & now 100% disabled, so screw what others think.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

So long as your aren't arming it, what would be the problem?
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Are there any restrictions on what I can arm it with?
      I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
      Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
      Don't worry, be happy.

Comment

Well, I would assume that nuclear missiles are out of the question.
        I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Where are you going to build it at - just wondering.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Backyard, Betty. The hull's only 16' long.....

No nukes? Alice you take all the fun out of things!
            Don't worry, be happy.

Comment

Its been done before. It cost the guy $10,000.00 He is looking for someone to have a paintball battle with. Have fun!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26um%3D1

Comment

Niiiiiice!
                Don't worry, be happy.

Comment

I doubt that the nuclear option is open.

Comment

No nukes? Alice you take all the fun out of things!
                    Well, paintballs sounds like a lot of fun, providing they don't pollute the water and kill the fishies.

Comment

I'll be sure to take pics of the progress for you guys!
                      Don't worry, be happy.

Comment

A church near here got into a zoning battle while trying to build a full scale ark.

Comment

Ark, huh? Interesting. Well, they should read the bible more often. Noah's gig was with the Ark. Our gig is with whatever burns us all alive.
                          Don't worry, be happy.

Comment

They wanted to build it to show how big the original was, not as an escape device.

Comment

Ah. Actually, not such a bad idea. Find a farmer with 40 acres he can loan them for a year, and have at it. I would think that all Christian churches in the area would assist.
                              Don't worry, be happy.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X