• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Betty3

• Betty3
    replied
    That's a thought too since the OP relied on the car being available & is
    out money due to the car being sold to someone else.

OP could certainly run it by an Az. attorney.

Leave a comment:

• DAW

• DAW
    replied
    I am not saying that this is likely (or not likely), but in theory we have a "detrimental reliance" situation here. You could in theory get a AZ attorney and sue for actual damages in AZ under this theory.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3

• Betty3
    replied
    You could "try" suing him in small claims court though keep in mind you are in two
    different states.

Leave a comment:

• shaymonster

• Deposit on car in AZ and seller resold the car. Arizona

Heres the story... I purchased a new to me car from AZ. Over the past few weeks I have been in negotiations with the seller getting him to the "right price" on the car. We finally settled on $16,000 and we both agreed upon me sending a $500 deposit via PayPal for the car to help cover his expenses for listing the car and ensure I was actually going to fly out from IL to AZ to pick up the car the following week. He knew ahead of time I would be flying out the following weekend with money in hand for the remaining balance of the car. This was all discussed via phone and in emails.

2 days prior to my flight out to pick up the car, the seller emails me saying he has now sold the car to another person locally for $16,900 and he will refund my deposit. But, not only have I booked a flight, I took 4 days off of work and booked hotels from AZ back to IL.

What are my legal rights in this situation? Am I supposed to eat my flight tickets and PTO, and just settle for a mere refund? What can I do?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X