This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens if you kill an eagle? Federal

I barely missed hitting an eagle the other day. He swooped down right in front of my car as I was going 60 on the highway. That got me to wondering: What happens if you accidentally kill an endangered animal?

Nobody knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Troubleshooter View Post
      Nobody knows?
      In an instance like this? Nothing, other than some damage (probably pretty substantial depending on the size of the bird) to your car.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Call Fish & Game and ask....
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

State, or federal?

Comment

Originally posted by Troubleshooter View Post
            State, or federal?
            Federal.....
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

Either. Because they are covered by both state and federal laws. I expect state to know more than the feds because they're on the lower end of the totem poll. The feds might know about state laws, though I'm doubtful and they'll likely refer you back to the state.
              I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
              Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
              I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
              Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

hello..here in the philippines, there was an incident that an eagle was shot and eaten by a native only after 2 weeks after it was freed again from the aviary..the man was sentenced to be held in prison for 6mos.
                DVD Movies | flip flops

Comment

How is that possible?????

Comment

the eagle accident

nothing if nobody saw you and u weren't in a school zonehttp://www.LaborLawTalk.com/images/smilies/tongue.png

Comment

livelovelaughtrack, please do not reply to old threads. This thread is from 2008.
                      Also, I don't really see where your answer was helpful to the OP.

Closing this thread.
                      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X