This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boss telling personal things about me to others

my employer or boss talks to other employees about my pay and personal things what should i do about this or can i do any thing

Your boss is acting very unprofessionally but on the basis of what you have posted he is not breaking any laws.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

yea he is a jack but and he does this all the time he also talks to me about others and i always tell him its not my business

Comment

The behavior of your boss is very nonprofessional. It is very bad habit. But the bad thing about the scenario is that you cannot take him to the court for what he say about you.
        Last edited by Betty3; 07-17-2009, 12:11 AM.

Comment

There are Defamation, Libel and Slander Laws. Research those. They may or may not apply to your situation though. Breaking the law is breaking the law, it does not necessarily have to be a labor law.

Comment

Here is a link with some general information. http://www.expertlaw.com/library/per...efamation.html

Comment

David & tankabbot, please do not post to old threads - thanks.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X