This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spam all over board this morning

There are at least 10 spam emails from ankkaouraj all over the board.

Thanks.
    Angie V.

Yeah, and worse than that.

I think I got them all. If I missed any, a link to the offending post would be helpful. Thanks.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks. The problem is we are all volunteers & no moderator can be on the forum 24/7. I stayed on the forum until 5:00am cst this morning watching for & deleting spam.
      Last edited by Betty3; 12-01-2009, 06:52 PM. Reason: left out words
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

When I logged on this morning there were 133 new posts since I logged off last night.

When I finished deleting spam, there were 6 left.

For those who are math-deficient, that's 127 spam posts in roughly 12 hours, not counting any that Betty might have deleted after I logged off but before she did.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Sunday there wasn't hardly any questions but there was a slew of spam. Sunday, I deleted at least 200 spam posts - probably closer to 300. Some spammers had posted 40+, one 66 & the rest various amounts. Some days you just can't keep up.
          Last edited by Betty3; 12-02-2009, 01:38 PM. Reason: add word (posts)
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Which is why I'm so grateful for you, Marketeer, Morgana, Alice, and all the other mods; last time it was this bad, I was trying to delete it all myself!

Comment

I must have deleted 200 posts this weekend also.
              I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

I appreciate everyone's help also. We all help & appreciate one another. Sometimes though those darn spammers post when none of us are on & the spam accumulates. Since many are from foreign countries, their time is different than our time & they seem to know when to post.

Down with spammers!!!

Comment

My forum wasnt too bad. Sorry I couldnt help on the others.
                  I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hey, we appreciate any help that we get. Thanks for your help - for what you can/did do.

Comment

It's back. Big time.
                      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Thanks. I'm in the process of getting it.

Comment

Good grief. I had it clean at 7:00 am. They don't waste time.

Betty got this round before I saw it, but by any chance was it someone selling adidas? Another board I was on got spammed, big time, with that.

Comment

I don't know - someone else may. I was just concerned with getting rid of the spam. I knew it was spam but didn't really read it all.

The spammers have really been extra busy lately. There must have been since you went off & I came on at least 150 spam posts though a couple of spammers posted a large amount of posts. You're an hr. ahead of me but when I went off around 5:30am cst, you were still on -- they posted a lot in the short time we were off & came back on.

Comment

I deleted a bunch after a PM from Elle, but I couldn't spend much time on line today.
                              I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X