No announcement yet.

Emancipation of Minors in Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, so you think that if we "understood" we would suddenly be able to produce a law that would let these kids do what they want?

What does our "understanding" have to do with the fact that the law does not provide for a teenager to be emancipated because they are in bad circumstances but demands that they actually be able to support themselves before the courts will approve their being out on the street?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Listen to yourself???

and reread what I said. These quotes are making these abused children sound like their brats and should just take the abuse. When in fact they are looking for support and understanding. I'm a lisensed SS and see these cases day in and day out. Some of these comments are down right degrading and don't promote positive support even without the emancipation. That was the reason for my message to encourage these children to hang in there and give them the facts without making them feel more lousy then their parents all ready do. Your message to me is also in appropriate. Think about treating others with respect before your type. These children need adults to help them with self confidence to make it through these situations and are reaching out and instead of putting them down as brats trying to get out of house rules, you just may be talking to a mental, physically and sexually beaten child. And many times never detected. 80% of children are abused or killed by family members. I've been there and our laws are not stong enough to help these children....can you say you have seen the same thing?

Comment

This is not a support forum. This is a forum to provide general legal information.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Ok I understand

But I believe the information as a professional is important that social service will probably fail a good percentage of them and could put them in more danger. Our law system is not flawless and when talking to a teenager in trouble just remember adolescents do not think the same way as an adult. Just don't lead them the wrong way by making them think it is their fault, that is what leads them into criminal court because of comments by people who don't believe in them. We don't need more people in jail do to mental abuse and that is all of our responsiblity includng the attorneys....that is all from me.

Comment

Fine. You respond any way you want. But I'm at a loss to see where anyone in this thread was cruel or trying to make them think it was their fault. We told them what the law said, and it so happens that the law does not say what the teens want it to say. That is not OUR fault.

And considering that this thread originated in 2006, I don't know why we're discussing it at all.

Comment

to goodmom2, thank you for reading what I had to say, I am now 17 and almost done with my junior year in high school. Everything is still rough at home, my dad has been in the hospital 2 more times since. But I have decided that I will be going to college in Ohio, where I can be much closer to my boyfriend and his family. I do not feel like I have a future here, I am just trying very hard to succeed in school to get scholarships and go to college where I want. Thank you and your words mean alot : )

*~ ~*

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X